Drug Problem

mbalbritton

#@$%!
Got this one today, all you parents, and parents to be, pay attention!!!

The other day, a friend of mine read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farm house in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, ”Why didn’t we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?”

I replied: ”But I did have a drug problem when I was a kid growing up on the farm.” I had a drug problem when I was young: I was drug to church on Sunday morning. I was drug to church for
weddings and funerals. I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.

I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults. I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher. Or if I didn’t put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me. I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four letter word. I was drug out to pull weeds in mom’s garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad’s fields.

I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline or chop some fire wood. And if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the wood shed.

Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin, and if today’s children had this kind of drug problem, America might be a better place today.

that sure hit the nail on the head,thanks for posting that up

heard it before... but by far one of the greatest forwards ever sent out.

I think I had that same drug problem you speak of.

i know i'm not as old as some on here, but i was raised different than most people down here at school, even alot of my friends i've met down here at uncc, i can say that i thank my parents every single day for the way they raised me, and i realize more everyday about the reasoning behind my fathers firm hand... i think it was also the schools i went too, i mean how many guys my age can say that they had whoopins from thier elem. school principal ?! nowdays there would be lawsuits and all kind of bs about it, it blows my mind the way the government trys to control things that should be left to the family in this country, but then again... if our parents of today would be parents, then the gov. prolly wouldn't have to try to take the place of them.

I think I had that same drug problem you speak of.

i know you did if you were raised up around eastern north carolina,where the motto spare the rod ,spoil the child is still in effect

x2 i hated round two, i'd put on like 10 pairs of underware, and he'd make me pull em down:shaking:

how old are ya'll i remember get whooped by my junior high principal,but i went to private school

ya... me and my brother would get busted sticking Magazines in our pants. Um ya mama, I'm wearing Marvel comics underwear! then the floggings would only get worse (see part in original post about fibbing)

The "whoopings" i can deal with, its the disapointment in my mothers voice/eyes that i cant handle

The "whoopings" i can deal with, its the disapointment in my mothers voice/eyes that i cant handle

yeah dad would scare me silly, then mommas voice got the message through to me.

*and watching my older brother trying to fight my dad*
**note to self, dont fight dad**

haha

My dad never worried us too much, he'd whoop you, but only if you gave him a damn good reason to.

Mom on the other hand, don't piss mom off. At the age of 18 my brother got a saucepan to the chest for mouthing off at mom. Knocked him on the floor. It was hilarious.

My dad never worried us too much, he'd whoop you, but only if you gave him a damn good reason to.
Mom on the other hand, don't piss mom off. At the age of 18 my brother got a saucepan to the chest for mouthing off at mom. Knocked him on the floor. It was hilarious.

buddy of mine got a cast iron frying pan to the head from his mom. I'm not talking a tap, This came from Left field. Listened to his dad tell me about it and how he sat there and saw the whole thing play out. suffice it to say he never told his mom to... um... F-off ever again.

Dr. Evil: The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.:flipoff2:

^^That is classic awesome post with pinkey on mouth

My granny used to make me get a SWITCH from the bush and bring it to her to whoop my tale. Ever heard of a keen switch, bad news...also at church if I acted up I was taken outside and beat, then at home, principals and teachers have beat me. Anyone else want a turn:shaking:

i i mean how many guys my age can say that they had whoopins from thier elem. school principal ?!

SHOOT, I had a paddle with MY name on it !!! and was placed for all to see !!

and all I have now is a nervious twitch now and again, usually when I hear my full name called :lol:

Yep, I got whoopin's as a young 'un and so does my young 'un. Just last week he screwed off in Outback and I yanked him off the ground and out the door we went. As I was headed out the door, I heard "Uh oh" from someone behind me. Hard to beat the child when you're laughing, but I stuck him in the car and commenced. He was so much better behaved when he got out. Funny how that still works. Usually just the threat works, but when it doesn't, I'm a man of my word!

i think it was also the schools i went too, i mean how many guys my age can say that they had whoopins from thier elem. school principal ?!

I had forgotten about those...it's a shame what the school systems have "turned into" because of lawsuits and such:confused:

I got my ass beaten in Jr. High for something I didn't do, I think the principal just wanted an excuse to hit me. They did have to call and ask for permission, to which the answer was "why the hell did you call me, if he needs it beat his ass"

Back