Duramax LMM odd wire

Will Carter

Looking at a 2008 duramax truck. Looks like it had a efilive knob in the dash.

It has a wire coming off the battery ground post and splices in to the wiring harness that passes behind the alternator.

Didn't pry at it too much as i was just kicking tires at that point.

Is this something common that is done?

I'm googled out...

Not anything I'm used to seeing. Got a pic? What wire does it connect to and I'll see what I can dig up

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

That wire has nothing to do with a efi live dsp5 switch. There will be 2 wires running out of the ecm and through the firewall on the driver side for the switch.

I can't really think of anything that would need to be grounded on that side of the motor.

I'm going off the memory of a goldfish here but I seem to recall it being butt connected to either green w/black or grey w/black wire (I'm a bit colorblind too). Factory wire was cut and the added wire (18 gauge or so) went over to the ground post terminal on the battery.

I'm going off the memory of a goldfish here but I seem to recall it being butt connected to either green w/black or grey w/black wire (I'm a bit colorblind too). Factory wire was cut and the added wire (18 gauge or so) went over to the ground post terminal on the battery.
Rough guess or wire gauge?
I'd honestly guess that it's a lay over in an attempt to fix an issue - we see lots of stuff like this from shops that don't know how to use a dvom lol

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back