Eastern Nc C6 rebuild

YJKrawlin

Looking for a reputable shop to do a rebuild in a sbf 4x4 c6 transmission. Looking for full rebuild, possibly a shift kit and a stock converter. Any recommendations in the eastern nc/ Greenville nc area? Thanks in advance!

Subscribed...been having a helluva time finding anyone in NC that does transmissions full time that has an almost unanimous good rep. It's been 3-4 years since I've had a C6 or e4od rebuilt, but I was getting one done every 6 months or so for a while, and always had to bring it back 2-3 times to get it right. I have a couple rollerized C6's I'm wanting to get built, and I'm not feeling very confident.

Bobby’s transmission in Kinston, owned by Bobby Brinkley. I’ve never heard anything bad about his transmissions. I know he’s mainly a GM guy, but worth a phone call to see.

Bobby’s transmission in Kinston, owned by Bobby Brinkley. I’ve never heard anything bad about his transmissions. I know he’s mainly a GM guy, but worth a phone call to see.
I'll shoot him a call. Half of the people in town I've called "dont work on stuff that old" and Aamco wanted to quote me $3k? Something seemed wrong with that quote. I'll definitely get a quote from him. Thanks!

Or see if Sue or Linda Roebuck at Hastings has Tommy Upton’s number if he still works on stuff.

Or see if Sue or Linda Roebuck at Hastings has Tommy Upton’s number if he still works on stuff.
Is that doc (dont know his actual name)? I know I've been told to get up with him but haven't gotten a call back from him yet, left him a message though.

No it was the shop foreman at Hastings that I know he’s done a few things for Ed. But not sure how extensive he used him over the years.

No it was the shop foreman at Hastings that I know he’s done a few things for Ed. But not sure how extensive he used him over the years.
I think that's who built Ed's c4 in the green bronco. I'll see if I can get his contact info.

I will second Brinkley in Kinston. He puts together some nice ones for a buddy of mine that does tuning/dyno/engine builds.

If you go further east to Wilmington I would recommend Jeff Dobbins racing, he does alot of race transmissions and also owns the aamco on oleander blvd. I had a c4 built, after I smeared those clutches I took it to Jeff to have it rebuilt. He did a long list of mods to it, drilled cooler passages, shoved extra clutches in the drum, etc and was a reasonable price. I didn't have a problem w/ it after that.

:: Jeff Dobbins Racing ::

Ive heard of good work comming from Bobby brinkley but havent seen a c6 from there.

I lucked out and swapped a few that have been good. When I knew that wasnt going to work out for my buddies hot 390 we built we reached out to broader.
Ford C6 – Broader Performance

Another option is get ahold of critter in Newport who mudraces and see who he recomends. Look at the 460 forums, and let us or at least me what you find out. Good luck.

Or ride up to the kinston dragstrip, hertford track, and talk to some people.

Back