Emergency Communications

Ridgerunner

I was thinking about this the other day and with the upcoming Hurricanes now might be a good time to talk about this. My self and quite a few others in our neighborhoods are HAM radio operators and we are already set up for this. I know a lot of people have the FRS radios Some people may still have and use the CB radios There are also some of you that may have a Scanner and listen to the Fire and police.

So my suggestion is that it would be a good Idea to identify some Frequencies (for HAM radio operators) or channels on the FRS and CB Radios that would be used in case we end up with a bad event of some kind. Here are my suggestions For FRS use Channel 11 and make sure you are not using the privacies setting For CB use Channel 20 For ham Radio operators 2m 146.580 MHZ simplex

Below is a list of important Frequencies My email is KM4GDU@gmail.com if you have any questions Also if we are going to get hit by a hurricane it might be a good Idea to test this out before they are needed. I will be monitoring these during a hurricane.

Channel name Rado Frequency
Ham Radio simplex call freq 146.520 MHZ
Ham Radio local simplex 146.580 MHZ
South Wake amateur Radio club 145.210 MHZ
Durham FM Assc 145.450 MHZ
Raliegh amateur radio club 146.640 MHZ
Central North Carolina Skywarn 146.880 MHZ
Johnson amateur Radio club 147.270 MHZ
CB 20 27.205 MHZ
FRS11 467.638 MHZ Weather
WX7 162.550 MHZ
Short Wave Radio hurricane net 7.268 MHZ