Engine Rebuild

4x4 girl

Well, we have a big ride coming up this weekend and I was getting everything ready on the old Bronco (92 with a 351 Windsor) and drove to town only to discover pint sized oil leaks every time we stopped. We thought maybe it was the rear seal so we dropped the transmission and pulled the engine. As we were taking the last bolt out of the flex plate it stripped (the last guy who rebuilt it put in the wrong bolt) anyway -- ended up having to tear down the whole blessed thing.
Understand we are under a time limit, but my brother is awesome -- he owns Morgan and Son Machine Shop and he had almost everything I needed to rebuild it. Spent all day Saturday cleaning it and most of Sunday -- then got everything prepped and tonight -- although it is 1:00 in the am -- we got everything but about an hours of work left on it. We will finish that up tomorrow night and drop the thing in on Wednesday. How's that for a fast turn around:) :beer:
I really wanted to paint it pink, but my bro says no -- he can't do that to a good engine. Although he did say to put a sticker on the valve cover over the Ford that says Girl to make it say Girl Power. He also came up with a lot of other slogans for me, but they are a little to vulgar to post:lol:

Thanks for listening,
Crystal

Rebuild

Just like a girl!
You fail to mention important facts such as what You had to do to the engine. What you found when it was tore apart, and Bro Charlie's awesome crew!:D
Others would also like to hear about the custom roll cage, tailgate, and tube doors, what kinda tires wheels, and the exaust that had to be fixed whereYOU tore it off on the last run it made.
Other facts like the pane conversion that's in the future. Pictures like the Jessie Look-a-like do rag you wear, and the dirty T-shirt, all would make this post worth reading!

Love ya, mean it
your other bro

the bronco

Jessie wanna-be

Attachments

• My Pictures0029.jpg
    My Pictures0029.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 418
I got roped in to helping a buddy with a rear main seal on a 302 one time. Same problem, leaving puddles of oil. Turned out he misdiagnosed the problem and it was the rear intake gasket that was blown completely out. Of course that was not discovered until we had the transmission out.

It was actually good that the bolt was stripped because we also found some piston rings that were busted and some other odd and ends that were not completely wrong -- enough to cause major problems, but now that we fixed it the Bronco should run a whole lot better.

Thanks, Chip for the help you put in too-- wouldn't want to leave you out. I was just so exited since I have never had to rebuild an engine myself-- even with help-- to be able to do it.

I'll write more later when I have more time. If you see me on the trail ask me to pop the hood -- I'll be so proud:beer:

Sorry, no sisters -- in fact-- I am the only girl in three generations:lol:

Crystal

good to hear you got the ferd taken care of. have fun at caliente, will be thinking bout yall. :beer: get ken under the yota when yall get back.

Back