Excursion

family xj

I have an 01 Excursion 4x4 with a 7.3 liter Diesel that has a stage 3 hypertech chip and the tow pkg. I am trying to sell it locally for my payoff of $22,600. The KBB is $19,970. Do you think I am asking too much or am I being unrealistic. I'm in Jacksonville Thanks Doug

personally, i think it's more than you'll get. there's no rule about what you can ask for your vehicle though, no harm in asking a high price as long as you're upfront and honest about the condition, any problems, etc. i don't think it's a bad starting price. diesel excursions typically take a special buyer also. sort of a niche market. most people that want a diesel are going to get a truck, and most people that want a large SUV are going gas. to me, an excursion is a perfect vehicle. i've been casually looking for one at a good price for a while.

fwiw, Rip DeLips here on the board has a low mileage 02 in excellent shape that he's going to be asking around 22-23k for.

I bought an 02 4x4 Excursion with the V10 in December and paid way below KBB. Gas prices at the time were driving everyone toward the better MPG so the dealers were looking to get rid of things like the Excursion.

Just my $.02

Back