exhaust shop that can bend 4in exhaust

trevoringle

Just a dirtbike rider with a RZR
anyone know any shops around the lincolnton/hickory area that can bend 4in. I want to rerun about 2 foot at the back of my f250 and cant seem to find anyplace that can do it unless i get a new tip that has the bend in it, but it was about $130 so was kinda wanting a little cheaper way out

that just may do the trick for me, and 40 aint as bad as 130 so that good, thanks man.....and just throwin it out there, but you aint granger mckees cousin are you?

that just may do the trick for me, and 40 aint as bad as 130 so that good, thanks man.....and just throwin it out there, but you aint granger mckees cousin are you?
AHHHHHH!!!! YA got me.

I've been buyin pre-bent u and j bends and have'nt been to an exhuast shop since.:beer:

Granger tell you hes gettin a yj?

American muffler in town?
Rides might? Or Larrys up in taylorsville

As far as I know there's not any exhaust shop than can bend 4". We can get the mandrel bends but it's a no go on bending.

search ebay like a hawk for exhaust tubing. I've had really good luck before, and in general you can find combo bends & kits & 'assorted bends' kits (like seconds/start-up bends, etc.) for cheaper than the local truck shops & the big name parts vendors

I usually search for "tail pipe" or "exhaust kit" and try to be really broad... In the past i have ended up with a 2.5" mandrel bent tail-section (3 bends & straight section), a 3.5" mandrel bent 'straight-truck' tail section (90, 45 & straight lengths) and true dual 2.25" exhaust kit for buick/olds car each for $2x.xx shipped

Is there existing tailpipe there that you want to route differently what? I didn't like the tail pipe exit on the 5" exhaust on my Duramax that the previous owner installed because it wouldn't allow the spare tire to be installed, so I hacked that off and used the existing bends in the tail pipe to fab up an exit in front of the tire, actually came out pretty clean looking I do think. Look into what you have and see what you can make from it before ordering something. I spent about 2 hours visualizing and measuring before I hacked it off. I think it wound up taking a combination of roughly a 45, two 30s, and some straight. All existing pipe, nothing added.

This:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/GCncsuHD/dmax/DSCN1506.jpg
To This:
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f43/GCncsuHD/dmax/DSCN3020.jpg

Otherwise, I would look into getting one of those combo bends that has like a U, some straight, and a 45 all in one piece. You can cut the U into whatever angle you need, 30, 45, 90 etc.

thanks for all the help....im not really changing it much, just right now it kinda comes out and down at an angle from the back and i just want it coming out of the side....so ill probly just get the u-bent one and just cut it off whereever i want it at

-but nah, i havent talked to granger in a couple weeks, well since yall went four wheelin at lake houser and my samurai decided to lay down on me that morning :/....but its good to go again now so whenever yall go again let me know

Back