F250 - weighted tag or ?? (personal use only)

And only last 300,000 miles

Mine has a bunch more miles on it than that :D

I've both raised and lowered my tag since 2015 and had the same one the whole time. 8k to 13k to 24k back to 13k. All a cop has to do is run your tag and it tells them literally everything. Not super secret squirrel shit or sly. Just saying.

However, they know they have to actually weigh you to give a ticket. I'm two hours from an interstate and no weigh stations. They'd have to call a DMV man in a Tahoe to weigh me. So it's on them if they want the hassle and paperwork.

Mine has a bunch more miles on it than that :D

I seem to recall you doing a massive front end overhaul with a solid axle swap? Or was that a different vehicle? How much did the engine and accessories and cooling systems get freshened up in the process? haha :flipoff2:

Same here but mines a KH.

You start with 26k when you got your tag or moved up to 26k after getting the tag? I'm remembering now that I started around 20k IIRC when I got the tag, then over the years as my setup changed, I've moved it up to 26k. Haven't had to change tags to increase.

You start with 26k when you got your tag or moved up to 26k after getting the tag? I'm remembering now that I started around 20k IIRC when I got the tag, then over the years as my setup changed, I've moved it up to 26k. Haven't had to change tags to increase.
Straight to 26k on this one.

I seem to recall you doing a massive front end overhaul with a solid axle swap? Or was that a different vehicle? How much did the engine and accessories and cooling systems get freshened up in the process? haha :flipoff2:

You have a vehicle that'll go 300k with no work?

The solid axle was a fiscally irresponsible decision, but much better in every other aspect. I can't leave anything stock. Of course, it's had injectors, but the motor has never been in to. Still stock head gaskets and head bolts. The transmission is stock too, that's why it got two extra neutrals :D

So not even enough to cover a tow rig and trailer? The tag weights are the whole rig with load, not just the load you're pulling.
Yea its an old 1/2ton, that doesn't get much more than 10 miles from the house.

Others are
ym 13k lbs
yl 10k lbs
ys 9k lbs

It's enough to look like i tried. The only one that really tows heavy is the one with 13k, and its only during the fall/winter. If i am going way over or a long way away i will call and up it for a couple months,

Now I'm curious...

I have:
CUCV 8k - EA
2500HD 8k, 13k, 24k, 13k - FH
99 Silverado 8k - EK

I figure they're just going to run the whole tag to see what you're weighted at anyway. I DO remember back when I first got weighted tags on the CUCV, for the first three years they gave me a new tag every year, which I thought was dumb. Glad they went with the new sticker after a while.

I was actually surprised at what each of my trucks really weighs. I don't think the average person would get very close on a guess from just looking at them.

Last edited:
I've had an EY, HF, and HZ on my other trucks, weighted at either 13k or 17k.

Interesting thread. I've got a C10 with a heavy ass steel dump bed. Had a weighted tag on it to haul cattle, but don't really wanna pay for one now. I believe the truck itself is nearly at GVWR empty.

They don't reallllly care what the sticker says, just that you paid for the plate to cover you.

Not a huge fan of rentals in my line of work. They always get us the absolute cheapest thing possible. If we could get upgrades and I could drive cool stuff, I'd be all about it because they pay for the gas.

Not a huge fan of rentals in my line of work. They always get us the absolute cheapest thing possible. If we could get upgrades and I could drive cool stuff, I'd be all about it because they pay for the gas.
I feel you on that, mine truck was needing some work so I had to get a rental to go to ATL for work. They wanted me to fly but then i wasn't allowed to get a rental and could only uber around for the week. Was supposed to be an SUV but ended up being some kia or Hyundai "crossover" car. Going down 85 if i hit a patch of gravel it felt like i was running over softball sized rocks. Worst riding car i have ever driven.

Lol I wasnt talking about car rentals.... hahahahah
"pound town" was clue....
Lmao

I just went from 13k to 16k when I renewed the tag and the lady at the tag office said “good I don’t have to issue a new tag.” Apparently there’s a weight limit for my tag that starts with HN but I don’t know what it is.

Back