Face Battles 9" Grinder - Grinder Wins!

J.C.

Volunteer
Grinder kicked back knocking me in the face causing a fall from a 10' ladder. Eight stitches in the lip, a hair line fracture of the jaw, assorted bruises and contusions and lots of sore parts later I feel pretty lucky not to have killed myself. Ya'll be careful with those power tools, hear :)

Attachments

• DSC_1854.jpg
    DSC_1854.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 551
  • DSC_1855.jpg
    DSC_1855.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 560
  • DSC_1852.jpg
    DSC_1852.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 567
holy shit man... glad you are alright .. hope it all heals up quickly so you can get back at it.

again. glad you are ok.

what were you doing on a 10' ladder with a grinder?

Mr_DIY said:

Just what I was wondering!

Talked to John this afternoon, after it happened. HE will live. But told him he needed a good story LOL ya know, all said and done, it might be an improvement! sorry John, had to rag ya a little
Glad it wasn't worse!

Stankoma said:
I get nervous every time my grinder catches. You were a lucky one.

I think he was unlucky, because it hit him. Lucky would be if it caught and missed him, really unlucky would be if it killed him.

Looks like that hurt, and is one reason I don't like grinding, aside from the fact that it is boring and too noisy :)

I spoke with John this evening. Like Chip said, he'll survive. Either way, watch out when using your grinders. I was using the same grinder that got John's face the other week at his place and it shot back at me and got part of my boot. I WAS LUCKY, John wasn't. However, he is doing fine :)

geez and i thought when a lil like 6in disk broke and popped me in the leg was bad. glad to know that your ok

Daaaaaamn... Glad you're OK...

But again.. 10' ladder with a 9" grinder? Your Jeep isn't that tall!

Was using a similar grinder the other night on my axles cutting off a bunch of old perches. Almost took off part of leg. Those big grinders kick hard.

Glad to see you will be okay John (Good cover up from your wife beating on you becasue you were at the BDOR event saturday instead of getting ready for the wedding.....ha ha ha)

Good example of why using a full face shield is better then just goggles.

Glad you'll be ok.

Mr_DIY said:
Yeah, Rich, my Jeep's not that tall :) I was working with The JunkYard Dogs, a friend's junk removal business, at a building in downtown W/S cutting the lintel out of an old elevator. Like Rob said, should have had a shield, at least I did gave goggles on. Thanks for the concers, will be "back at it" in a day or two.

Glad you are ok John. Those 9" grinders are dangerous! Andy was having a time with his.

I am glad you are OK John. Grinder eh? So that is what you are calling her these days.

Glad you are OK! I had one land in my lap in the locked on position once. I was sittin under a fender well. I dont think any white boy has ever moved that fast! Luckily I had a t-shirt covering my legs. I just had a few small cuts. It really gave me a new respect for them things.

I feel pretty lucky not to have killed myself.
Considering your jugular vein is about an inch and a half from where it hit you... yeah. Glad to hear that ALL you got was a few scars.

Trebissky said:
Considering your jugular vein is about an inch and a half from where it hit you... yeah. Glad to hear that ALL you got was a few scars.

I was just thinking the same thing.

be carefull

Cocoa butter works wonders on scars.....my wife burnt the everloving dog-poop out of her leg w/ an iron (don't ask...she's very intelligent, I'm the usual dumbass). It was blackened, had the little steam holes showing, etc.

She let it heal some, then stated to apply cocoa butter regularly & now it's completely gone.

I wonder if it would work as good on the would once it healed over.....

Good luck w/ recovery!:beer:
Doc

A couple weeks back I came very near to needle nose plyers in the eye. I ended up hitting right above my eyebrow. It was gushing blood. Quite a scary site.

Back