Face Battles 9" Grinder - Grinder Wins!

doc said:
...been there, done that!;)

x2

I used to use a screwdriver reinstalling drum brake spring springs. The spring slipped off and I poked the bridge of my nose with a flathead, came within inches of skewering an eyeball :eek:

I was trying to pull an alignment shim out of a Dana 35 (that was being replaced) with a pair of channel locks when I slipped off the shim and hit myself between the eyes rendering me dizzy, bloody, and Freaking PISSED!

I'm an idiot :flipoff2:

Wow. All I can say is I hope that doesn't leave too big of a scar. That'll be one heck of a speedbump when you're shaving.

I've been there with the grinder. Except it got my finger. I'm glad that you are alive and in good spirits. I don't even think about my ginder unless I have gloves on.

Did Junkyarddogs take care of the hospital bills?

RenegadeT said:
x2
I used to use a screwdriver reinstalling drum brake spring springs. The spring slipped off and I poked the bridge of my nose with a flathead, came within inches of skewering an eyeball :eek:

Same situation (broke the brake tool, using screwdriver on the LAST spring on my Z)....but I bounced it off of my cheek bone, into my eye socket about 3/4-1". It went in right beside the eye-ball, next to the socket "ring".

Gotcha took me to the emergency room....I told the officer there that he hit me & freaked him out a little!:D

Stitches right next to your eye is weird to say the least & the needles GEESH!

But just like the grinder, could have been a lot worse!!

D.

BigBody79 said:
I don't even think about my ginder unless I have gloves on.

Seriously? Fawk that.

Let's think about it for a minute: as far as getting cut goes, a pair of gloves offers only a bit of protection. A cowhide glove is a bit tougher than skin, but a cutoff wheel will still cut through it in a heartbeat.

However, that's not the likely outcome. The more likely scenario involves the glove getting caught by a spinning part, pulling your hand into the equipment as it gets wrapped up. Depending on how strong the motor is, you'll end up with broken bones, extensive soft tissue damage, the loss of individual fingers, or even your whole hand.

Gloves have their place.... but around any spinning equipment is not it. That goes for grinders, drills, cutoff wheels, and damn-near anything else that's bigger than a Dremel.

Back