Factory V8 Jeep

orange150

DA4661CF-F5C5-4EED-97F8-91C9F4A7196C.png

I have said for years that it’s crazy that Jeep didn’t come out with a factory V8 option. JKs are very heavy, and people like to lift them and add bigger tires. I believe even someone who never intends to take them off road would pay the extra for a V8 option just for cruising around.

You realize that 97% of all jks are sold to soccer mom's and lesbians right? Never going to happen.
Slightly used in that market has advantages....

Doors wide open fellas! :eek::D

You realize that 97% of all jks are sold to soccer mom's and lesbians right? Never going to happen.

Most of the lesbians I have known drive stick shifts (but that joke is too easy). Subaru basically built their brand in the 90's around that community and I find more outbacks and foresters with 3 pedals than any other brand.

It's a bummer, I liked my ZF8 speed....it was awesome in my hemi powered ram, but ultimately had to go, rowing the gears in my XJ with half the power is more fun than stomping on the skinny pedal and pretending I contributed anything to the acceleration that resulted.

Who is Sean Holman?

Bingo. My neighbor has two of them. One for the mom, and one for the teenage daughter. Both lifted with accessories. The only rocks either one of them touch are the ones embedded in the concrete on I-40.

I was coming to share a Car and Driver article I just read. Figured you guys would already have the news posted. Sounds like a fun as hell jeep even with an auto.

Went to watch a bronco video and it was preceded by an ad for the wrangler 4xe......no details yet, but sounds like the 2.0t will get an electric motor.....I wonder if the V8 will get the etorque setup?

I think chrysler will go bankrupt if they actually build it.

Think of the warranty costs for exploded dana 44 axles.....

Ecu will limit low end torque and high rpm in lower transmission gears to protect the drivetrain....the rear axle will survive until tuners remove it, but then it won't be covered under warranty.

Maybe they step up to the 9.25" from the 1500?

Back