Fattypackard, where is the title? Help from anyone please.

Tacoma747

A friend bought the Cherokee from Ben Browder, gave him the money on the spot, but Ben had no title for it at that time (big mistake to buy w/o having the title in hand I know). Well it has been probably a month now, Ben has said numerous times that he would get or had gotten the title, even said he would meet my friend to give it to him, that was a week ago...

Lincoln (the guy that owned the Jeep before Ben) said that the title is in Ben's name, so we know Ben has it (or had it).

I said something to Ben about 2 weeks ago about getting the title, was very straightforward about it and was not mean about it, he threatened to not give him the title at all if I said anything else about it.

Ben even tried to make my friend pay $50 to pay to get the title (taxes or some BS).

Basically if anyone knows how to get in contact with Ben OTHER than his phone # or e-mail which he does not answer, post it here or PM me.

Don't really like bringing this out into public, but it is ridiculous to take this long to get a title, and knowing Ben I would not have thought he would be this way, but I guess you don't really know someone until you buy something from them...

that XJ sat in my neighbors backyard for a solid month. my friend has got Ben's number, i'll PM it to you after I talk to him. not trying to start anything, just trying to help.

yeah, but if it's not titled in your name it's a royal pita to get a new title.

Is it possible this Ben fella hocked the title for money at one of those cash for title places? If so I'm not sure how you could get the title without paying off the lien. I know there is a way to search for liens but I'm not sure exactly what you need to do or how much it may cost. I believe before this drags out for too long I'd spend $50 and talk to my attorney.

Tacoma747 said:
Not sure what he has done with the title, but no, my friend did not get a Bill of Sale (big mistake I know). I told him it would not be a bad idea to talk to an attorney if Ben does not get his act together and get the title.

No bill of sale, and no title? yikes.

I doubt Ben would try anything like not giving him the title or selling the title... That would be really dumb, and every person here would be on him.

How did the new buyer get tags without a bill of sale or title?

Was it titled here in NC? If it was you can get a bonded title for it. Go to the DMV and get the bonding guidlines. After you make sure it fits the guidlines, wich are very easy to satisfy, go to a car insurance agency (they dont all do it so you'll have to find one that does) they'll write you a title for it in about a month, gives em time to make sure it dosent pop up stolen. It costs 15% of 1.5 times the value of your vehicle wich should be fairly low concidering its a salvage title. I had the same problem with my old Ford and this is what the lady at the DMV told me to do. Takes a lot of time and its a PITA but its worth it if you can get it in your name. Hope this helps.

just saw this today.

1) as i have never dealt with a "replacement" title before i was unaware of how to do it. so i sent it of that week i sold it to him in order to get in back asap. well i didnt get anything back for a while so i called them and they informed me i had to get the app for the title notorized etc etc (didnt know that, sorry)
so once i knew that i had to take some time from work to get it notorized etc etc, then i had to go bring it to the dmv which i did all that...but that took time too since its hard for me to get off work. once that was done they told me i had some taxes on it i have to pay for they even send it off.

and michael dont even start on the "well you got 1800" for it so use some of that. every sent of that plus my paychecks are going towards paying off my school debt and trying to pay for a place to live. so dont tell me how easy it is to come up with money when i dont live with mommy and daddy nor do you have to pay for anything else.

thanks for posting this on here tho....i told you i was working on getting the title as soon as possible. and i am sorry it has taken so long...i will be first to admit, i didnt know it would be this much trouble to get the thing. but you dont need to be a dick just because your buddy was silly enough to buy my jeep without the title. i didnt force that upon him.

i dont rip people off, i am a decent person so dont act like i am going to never get it to him or trying to get more money out of him. i have actually spent a good abit of money trying to get the thing.

so again....sorry it has taken so long. i will send him a message online when i get it.

- ben

PS: also sorry i havent answer my calls my phone got cut off since i cant pay for it. kkthanks.

fattypackard said:
just saw this today.

1) as i have never dealt with a "replacement" title before i was unaware of how to do it. so i sent it of that week i sold it to him in order to get in back asap. well i didnt get anything back for a while so i called them and they informed me i had to get the app for the title notorized etc etc (didnt know that, sorry)
so once i knew that i had to take some time from work to get it notorized etc etc, then i had to go bring it to the dmv which i did all that...but that took time too since its hard for me to get off work. once that was done they told me i had some taxes on it i have to pay for they even send it off.

and michael dont even start on the "well you got 1800" for it so use some of that. every sent of that plus my paychecks are going towards paying off my school debt and trying to pay for a place to live. so dont tell me how easy it is to come up with money when i dont live with mommy and daddy nor do you have to pay for anything else.

thanks for posting this on here tho....i told you i was working on getting the title as soon as possible. and i am sorry it has taken so long...i will be first to admit, i didnt know it would be this much trouble to get the thing. but you dont need to be a dick just because your buddy was silly enough to buy my jeep without the title. i didnt force that upon him.

i dont rip people off, i am a decent person so dont act like i am going to never get it to him or trying to get more money out of him. i have actually spent a good abit of money trying to get the thing.

so again....sorry it has taken so long. i will send him a message online when i get it.

- ben

PS: also sorry i havent answer my calls my phone got cut off since i cant pay for it. kkthanks.

I'll let others pick this apart, but that's a weak excuse. You sold it, said you get the title , phone was disconnected how else was he suppose to get in touch with you? And yes a responsible person would have paid the shit with the $1800 he paid you. again very weak... :rolleyes:

BIGWOODY said:
And yes a responsible person would have paid the shit with the $1800 he paid you. again very weak... :rolleyes:

I dont know either party nor care. But buying a vehicle w/o the title is Grade A dumbfawk

dont know either in the case but agree with franklin. the lesson learned is Never buy a vehicle without 1. Bill of Sale. 2.and if it has a title the title

Guess I'm a dumbass for taking people on their word...apparently that doesn't mean anything to people anymore...I buy cars from customers of mine every week, some have lost the title and send off to get another. It's cases like this that mess it up for people who really will do what they say they will.
I don't know either party either, I do know that Cherokee ran on several 4x4 boards for months begging people to buy it, I'm willing to bet the tax thing was known about, they only send you a thousand notices. I'm just not one to run and call people a dumbass because they thought they were dealing in a community of friends, again guess I'm the dumbass too.

I bought that old J10 off him, drove it awhile, thought about making a crawler out of it, then cut it up due to a change of plans thanks to "Big Wheel Bob". All I'll add is he did me fair, and if you're a buyer-don't leave without a title because you're really putting yourself at risk. I didn't leave Boone without it, you have to be prepared to roll it back off the trailer no matter how good a deal it is. Not trying to step on toes here but I've been all jacked around on boat titles before and it's a pain, my .02.

Scott

titles are a pain in the ass. i bought my new truck from an individual who still had a lein on it. his bank keeps fuckin my bank and they are wasting my time. i am waiting on plates because they are all idiots! word to the masses, DO NOT BUY A VEHICLE FROM AN INDIVIDUAL WHO DOES NOT HAVE A TITLE IN HAND.

You don't necessarily NEED the title, but you certainly need AT LEAST a bill of sale, and have a witness sign it too.

P.S. I'm going through the indemnity bond process right now... its 15% of 1.5x the value, BUT there is a $100 minimum fee.. :rolleyes:

damn ben you sold it for 1800? i woulda jumped all over it at that price :(

oh well i mean i have sold many of things and it has all been fine.
and a bunch of people know me and know i am not a thief or irresponsible.

i am just dealing with things that are more important to me first.

besides....i have TRIED getting the title...its just been a pain for me too.
it isnt like i am just sitting on my ass all day not trying to get it.

if michael and his friend want to be pissy about it then they shouldnt have nutted their pants over the price and left it till i had the title.

however if they want to deal with the title themselves then i will write them a bill of sale TODAY. otherwise....wait for the dmv and i to do our thing.

i'm not gonna post anything else.

Hold up Ben, I never said you would not get the title, it is just ridiculous it has taken as long as it has. Like greg said, you could have taken part of that $1800 and paid to get the title, how would you feel if someone did this to you? I don't care what bills you have to pay, I have bills to pay too, my parents do not pay for everything like you think they do, actually all they pay for is food and electricity, everything else is left to me.

When we were there I told him $1800 was a fair price, and it was in no way my decision for him to buy it or not, so this 'they' is untrue.

If you read my FIRST post, I said that I did not think you would try to rip someone off, but it sure makes it SEEM that way when you don't contact him about it for about a month.

Lastly, don't say crap about not having any money, you wanted him to pay the $50 for it, and he was going to pay it, but you never showed up...

Back