Favorite additive for old gas

I typically just dump it in the fire pit.

I was told I had to give them the container. I can check again next time I go through there but I want to just dispose of the fuel.
I have brought old gas there in 5 gallon (home Depot type) buckets (with pour top lids). They dumped the gas and gave me back the buckets. They are probably more likely to dump it and return the container if you go during off-hours. 10am on a Tuesday, they ain't got nothing else to do (no lines, no waiting).

Last edited:
I really wish there was a place to properly dispose of bad fuel. I have a five-gallon gas can that I would really like to use for, well, gas. I tried pouring just a little into the tank on my 2014 Chevy a few years ago and it ended up coughing and sputtering so bad that it killed the catalytic converter. There is simply no where to get rid of it and well, with all this E10 around there really needs to be somewhere to dump it.
the last time I drained the tank I may or may not have observed that a tub of old gas left open on several hot days behind the garage will magically have very little left it it after awhile.

Back