Favorite additive for old gas

RatLabGuy

You look like a monkey and smell like one too
Last time I had my 4runner out for a good run, like a proud dingus I went and filled up the tank. Then it's barely been driven, been sitting unused since October... guessing the gas in the tank is a good year or more old now.
Probably still have 2/3 tank in it.
I know there is no magic bullet to fix this problem... what is the best additive to keep it from killing the injectors and help me get through this tank?
Really not a fan of draining it, mostly bc disposal is a PITA.

If Sta-bil makes a product for, use it.
I normally am not a big fan of additives, but Sta-bil products have proven their worth since I bought a new generator 2 years ago.

Low fuel combined with old fuel is what typically causes the problems. It leaves more room for condensation in the tank. You’re probably ok. I would dump in some Stabil for good measure and run it.

Old gas has never been kind to me. I'm with the "firestarter, twisted firestarter. Yeah! "

There is no fix for old gas., do yourself a favor and siphon it out or drop the tank and clean. Put non ethanol back in with Stabil.
I know this is the proper answer. Had to do it once already. This is a task I really do not enjoy. Biggest issue is disposal is a PITA. Yeah it's fire pit season but I don't have a need for nearly this much.

I know this is the proper answer. Had to do it once already. This is a task I really do not enjoy. Biggest issue is disposal is a PITA. Yeah it's fire pit season but I don't have a need for nearly this much.

Drill a hole in the tank, drain all the gas out. Once it is drained out, move the vehicle and light spot on the ground on fire. Fill hole in tank with with flex seal.

Drill a hole in the tank, drain all the gas out. Once it is drained out, move the vehicle and light spot on the ground on fire. Fill hole in tank with with flex seal.
You forgot to mention first parking it in the neighbors yard before drilling the hole.

Biggest issue is disposal is a PITA. Yeah it's fire pit season but I don't have a need for nearly this much.
You're closer to Washington than Matt is

Lucas has been really good to me. My sidekick sits at the coast year round and hasn't had 200 miles put on it in 4 years. I don't keep it full or use special fuel but I do dump Lucas in when I top it off. No issues as of this past saturday, it ran fine for couch hauling.
20220507_124653.jpg

I've heard good things about Lucas and Stabil. If it's less then a year I'd dump one in and roll the dice.

I really wish there was a place to properly dispose of bad fuel. I have a five-gallon gas can that I would really like to use for, well, gas. I tried pouring just a little into the tank on my 2014 Chevy a few years ago and it ended up coughing and sputtering so bad that it killed the catalytic converter. There is simply no where to get rid of it and well, with all this E10 around there really needs to be somewhere to dump it.

I really wish there was a place to properly dispose of bad fuel. I have a five-gallon gas can that I would really like to use for, well, gas. I tried pouring just a little into the tank on my 2014 Chevy a few years ago and it ended up coughing and sputtering so bad that it killed the catalytic converter. There is simply no where to get rid of it and well, with all this E10 around there really needs to be somewhere to dump it.
I have a couple old boat tanks of REALLY old gas laying around.

Keep eth free gas in anything that isn’t your daily

My solution is to take a long drive and burn it up, then replace the spark plugs and use eth free

Honest, Mr. Arson Investigator, I drained the fuel into that barrel, and then a toothless met addict, on a bicycle, rode past, and tossed a Flaming newspaper into the barrel. I tried to stop him, but he was cranked out, and moving at warp speed.

I really wish there was a place to properly dispose of bad fuel. I have a five-gallon gas can that I would really like to use for, well, gas. I tried pouring just a little into the tank on my 2014 Chevy a few years ago and it ended up coughing and sputtering so bad that it killed the catalytic converter.
I have a couple old boat tanks of REALLY old gas laying around.
Find a guy with a multifuel army truck. They'll be happy to take that off of your hands.

Back