Favorite angle grinder?

I bought one of these over the weekend. It lasts a lot longer than I would have expected on a battery, but still not very long. Good for the junkyard, etc.

I bought one of these over the weekend. It lasts a lot longer than I would have expected on a battery, but still not very long. Good for the junkyard, etc.

Ive got two of those.
The original and the enhanced super brake one. @jeepinmatt will tell what the tool part numbers are.
With a 9AH battery the life is great for anything youd ever want to cut. If you are doing a bunch of flap disk clean up you will toast the battery in about 10-12 minutes of continuous use.

I think all the batteries I have are 5s.
They will feel much more balanced. The 9s work good on the pole saw/weed eater/skill saw. So i use em for all high drain but they are heavier and balance/fatigue comes in to play

Yeah, the 4.0 and 5.0s aren't enough for real grinder use. I like it a lot with the 12.0 on there, but it doesn't feel right. I think an 8.0 would be perfect. I don't remember the part numbers, I just remember @braxton357 's face inspired me to get the one with the brake.

I think I said it earlier in this thread but I really like my 6.0 battery on my grinder. Works long enough for what I do but not as heavy/awkward as the 12. I have an 8.0 but haven't used it much with the grinder.

Duane

I like having separate grinders already loaded with various disks I use (metal working). Until this year I had the following grinders, all in use: Milwaukee, Bosch, Craftsman, Makita, Harbor Freight. My favorite is the Milwaukee. Others were OK, for how I used them (cut-off disks, flap wheel, wire brush, sanding disk, grinding disk.

Back