fawk the post office

shawn

running dog lackey of the oppressor class
Administrator
We mailed a whole bunch of stuff on Saturday, some of it overnight. The one package that absolutely needed to arrive on Monday? Showed up in a sorting center this morning, 200mi from where it needs to be.

Everything else got delivered yesterday.

USPS says it's overnight or your money back. Small fawking consolation that is. :lol:

we use USPS on small, unimportant items. But if its anything expensive, important, or time sensative we always use UPS.

I ship everything FedEx from my work. Everything arrives before expected or on time.

They lost $800 worth of brackets and joints I ordered from RuffStuff. Showed up on my front porch a month and a half later. Took 2 weeks to get my propane kit from Alabama via USPS. I've got a laundry list of crap theyve screwed up recently.

Best part is their lobby hours are like 10-3... No wonder they can't make any money. They keep saying how they aren't govenernment funded and crap.. Well stay open hours when people aren't normally working you might do some business ... idiots..

I will never use the postal service again. I had a willys tailgate sent through the post office from Pittsboro (about 45 min away). After opening an investigation and being blown off and fed excuses, it finally arrived 23 days later.

:lol: It just arrived. Whether or not the USPS know what they're doing is up for debate, but their tracking website definitely has no clue. :rolleyes:

Yeah, we've sent literally hundreds of packages through the USPS in the last year, and everything has arrived in a reasonable amount of time. I'd say about 80% of that stuff has been Priority Mail, with the rest as first class packages, and a very few things as express. Most stuff arrives within two days, if not the very next day. This is the only express package that hasn't arrived next-day.

That said, the next time it needs to be there TOMORROW, I'm not trusting them w/that shit.

Fed Ex and UPS are NOT allowed to deliver regular mail,
FedEx and United Parcel Service (UPS) directly compete with USPS express mail and package delivery services, making nationwide deliveries of urgent letters and packages.

Due to the postal monopoly, they are not allowed to deliver non-urgent letters and may not directly ship to U.S. Mail boxes at residential and commercial destinations.

However both companies have transit agreements with the USPS in which an item can be dropped off with either FedEx or UPS who will then provide shipment up to the destination post office serving the intended recipient where it will be transferred for delivery to the US Mail destination, including Post Office Box destinations.

These services also deliver packages which are larger and heavier than USPS will accept. DHL Express was the third major competitor until February 2009, when it ceased domestic delivery operations in the United States.

How bout that.

How bout that.

Yeah, the post office has a monopoly on mail. And they're still going out of business.

However both companies have transit agreements with the USPS in which an item can be dropped off with either FedEx or UPS who will then provide shipment up to the destination post office serving the intended recipient where it will be transferred for delivery to the US Mail destination, including Post Office Box destinations.

^ This stuff, though... is stupid and takes forever. Your package tracking also only works up to the PO interface. So all you know is that you ordered something, and it shipped to a post office, then sooner or later, hopefully it shows up at your house.

USPS tracking is a joke. I get a lot of small packages sent to me all the time thru USPS and it's about 45% of that tracking is anywhere near correct.
FedEx and UPS seam to be updated faster and are much more accurate. I had a package shipped to me from California and tracking said it made it to Raleigh but it then sat in the post office here for 5 days before being "out for shipment"

How bout that.

Define "mail"...

If I take a letter, and put it in an envelope, and DHL comes and picks it up, and drops it off at your house... lets say you even have a DHL drop box... how is that any different?
Haven't I just mailed you a letter?

I'm actually kind of serious.
Is something define as "mail" based on what is sent, or based on the fact that is goes through the US Postal Service?

My local post master must be pretty honest.
I mail a lot of fairly big items .... she will NEVER guarantee an arrival.
I think problems are a regional incoming spots.
I sold and shipped over 50 guitars in 2 years with zero problems.
But I always seem to get stuff delivered to me late.

Matt

I hqve problems just getting regular mail.....there is 7 lots down our driveway, and 8 mailboxes at the road(one being my wifes gma that lives at the top with a seperate driveway. I have our names written on our box and the address, and our mail goes to the end box on the other side, we are 1 and stuff gets put in 8, went and had a talk with the postmaster, worked for about 3 weeks maybe, and now our mail isnt getting put in our box. Never had a problem til the new maillady we got 8 months ago......pure laziness

I had one package get lost in the USPS system for over a month last year. About 40 days after I shipped it showed up at the recipient's address. No idea where it was for those 40 days because I didn't get tracking or insurance. I won't make that mistake again.

Back