Feb URE Workday

Got to check air pressure before we leave this time though. o_O

Here is the info from Terry with the USFS.

Hi Everyone – Sorry for the delay. I’ve talked to Snappy a few times over the last few weeks & I’m sure he’s kept the clubs informed about the planned upcoming work day. We’ll meet at Uwharrie Hunt Camp at 9 am and figure out which vehicles can haul the guardrail & posts. I’ll try to have the gates needed unlocked before I get to the Hunt Camp. Here are the projects we’ll be working on. If I’ve forgotten any Snappy please add to my list.

1. Work on finishing guardrail on top of Daniel Mountain.

2. Install guardrail on Daniel Trail near the big mud hole we worked on last time.

3. Work on lower ledge of Daniel Trail to get loader up it and then use loader to do the drainage repair plan that Flint Holbrook came up with for Daniel Trail.

4. Broncos will continue work on stream crossings.

Bring the usual tools, lunch, water and dress for the weather and to get your hands dirty. Joel Hardison & I will be working with you all and Joel will talk out on site about some of the heritage sites and resource concerns when we working on Daniel. If any of the clubs still haven’t gotten me all of their trail adoption paperwork yet please bring it this weekend.

CTB & CROC I need your actual volunteer agreement for your club that goes along with your trail adoption paperwork and club roster. I’ve attached the forms again if you need them.

Thanks a lot everyone. Bye - Terry

Stupid question but this is my first work day. Do I need bring anything?

Stupid question but this is my first work day. Do I need bring anything?

Shovels, pic axe or any similar hand tools if you have them and are willing to use them. I recommend a good pair of work gloves, snacks and water. Oh and willing to work and take directions.

Thanks guys.

Great work day! 54 people showed up and got it done! 10 new tail ditches,9 or so new sections of guard rail and polished off the dutch john creek crossings!

Don't know about anyone else, but it won't let me see the pics. It just takes me to my Facebook event calendar.

Good time and good food. My crew did excellent and got everything done.

After eating Snappys great spaghetti I left and went down by the river to relax and do some reading. Then I came home to my fiancé cooking...

Wait for it....

Spaghetti..... Again. I won't complain though. I do love spaghetti.

I enjoyed my first-timer URE workday. The nice weather and good spaghetti made for a perfect day. I hope to come again next month. Here's a pic I grabbed.

Attachments

• 2014-02-22 11.06.41.jpg
    2014-02-22 11.06.41.jpg
    294.9 KB · Views: 338
Everything + got done today. Great Job on all accounts. Great food also Chris as usual. Thanks for everyone that showed up today. 2 strong workdays in a row. Looks like loader has already been fixed again also.

I had an absolute blast. Got a lot of work done on Daniel. Hopefully more next month. @snappy I will be sending you a pm in a min. Also got the chance to police call slab pile, wolf den, Art Lilly and a small section of rml.

Back