Fight G Fight! #JacksonStrong

13bullets

Chris
I don't know many of you personally but have chatted with ya'll here for nearly a decade. This isn't typical of my usual, mostly non-personal posts, but I'm trying to do all I can for my neighbors, my friends, my children's friend. I love this kid as if he were one of my own.

This is Glenn, he is 9 years old. Glenn has aplastic anemia and has undergone chemo to strip his immune system, and just this morning (7/13/17) had a bone marrow transplant. The transplant has a 90% chance of curing Glenn but he'll be hospitalized for many more weeks, dragging into months. He's been in the hospital since June 26th and his parents have been by his side daily and nightly. It's one of the most exemplary acts of love, sacrifice, and dedication I've ever personally seen, and to hear them talk about Glenn's drive and determination is impressive to say the least. Nonetheless, it takes money to miss work, travel, eat, and basically live out of town for weeks and months on end, not to mention the medical bills and normal monthly bills of their home. Please help my neighbors in any way you can, even if it's just by sharing this page.

Click here to support Fight "G" Fight! organized by Tyner Tew

21928370_1498845698.8156.jpg

Fight "G" Fight!

Tweet

261 shares

Hi Everyone!

To the point, a cousin of mine, Glenn Jackson, is currently undergoing Chemo Therapy treatments to prepare his body for a Bone Marrow transplant in the coming weeks. This transplant has a very strong chance of curing Glenn from his year-long battle with Aplastic Anemia .

Living nearly 4 hours away from he and his family, I am not able to be there to offer my support and time like I would prefer. At minimum, I am striving to raise over $5,500.00for Glenn's mom and dad (John and April) to help pay for medical expenses.

Over the last year he and his family have spent many, many, many days in and out of the hospital. Test after test, blood transfusions, port surgeries, etc., Glenn has had a positive attitude through it all.

I have a wonderful network of friends, family, co-workers, customers, etc., and I am confident that you can help me by helping my little cousin, Glenn, and his family! #fightGfight

Sincerely,

Tyner

This little guy is still fighting the fight of his life. He has just been diagnosed with Graft Versus Host Disease (GVHD) which means his donor cells are fighting his body, and in his case are attacking his intestines. I noticed on the gofundme page at least one donation that mentioned NC4x4, thanks. Keep Glenn in your prayers if he's already there, add him if he isn't.

GVHD.jpg

Thanks y'all, sorry to be such a downer. Please keep this family in your prayers, unfortunately things are looking progressively worse.

Johns Post.jpg

Glenn will surpass 5 months in the hospital this week. He will miss Thanksgiving with his family. He will miss Christmas with his family. My neighbors can use any support you can give them, be it monetary, spiritual, or otherwise.

JOHN thanksgiving.jpg

Thanks for the updates. As a parent, I can't imagine going through something like this.

He's recently become "well" enough for visitors, and I was able to take my kids to see him weekend before last. It's really heartbreaking to know his whole story and to know how miserable he is. I asked him what he wanted for Christmas and all he said was "to get out of this place."

With Levine's being in Charlotte and Greg Olsen's son having spent some time there, some of the Panther's players occasionally stop by to see and meet the kids. Glenn is a Seahawks fan, and proudly exclaiming so, won't let them in his room. I've been trying to contact the Seahawks and have a jersey, football, picture, or really anything sent to him from the organization. Haven't had much luck so far.

I was thinking about this last night. Thanks for the update.

Barring a last minute miracle, with an extremely heavy heart and tears in my eyes, this will be my last update to this thread.

Screenshot_20180112-112202.jpg

Holy cow, that just rips the heart out of you. I've been following the updates you've posted and I'm so sorry to read this. Prayers to the family.

Barring a last minute miracle, with an extremely heavy heart and tears in my eyes, this will be my last update to this thread.

View attachment 260932
Dang man. That got me all sorts of tore up. Ill say a special prayer for him and all those involved. I know it seems dark now, but God still works miracles when He sees fit. I pray for peace and comfort for all yall. Keep fighting kid, yall stay stay strong and know God is with yall.

Must be onion day at work. Ugh.

So sorry to hear this! Can’t begin to imagine how a parent can handle having a terminally ill child and having to go thru something like this. Many prayers for Glenn and everyone touched by this.

Back