Finally did something I have wanted to for a while

BigClay

Knower of useless ZJ things
Not all people will understand but I thought you guys may get it. I got tired of hand washing all of my dirty towels and rags from the garage, hunting, fishing, washing cars, etc. So I found a free washer drier set and put them in my basement to wash and dry these things. Wife won’t get angry at the grease rings in the regular washer and now I do a whole friggin load whenever I want. I am a little too excited to have this but oh well, I have it now :D

Last edited:
Back in the early 00's I worked in a transmission shop that just did man transmissions (ZF5/6 NV4500 ect) and transfer cases.The shop I worked in was a second location and i worked for the other owner(at his house).Dude was a good guy but if he saw you were doin something wrong he wouldnt point it out he'd just let you make the mistake and have to fix it.I worked 4/10's and one Thurs I saw him goin around gathering up all the dirty shop rags,even the ones in the trash can.I knew what was about to happen but didnt say anything.Come in Monday morning and there was a big ass washing machine box on the front porch and the old washer laying on its side in the yard.He got the grease stains out but couldnt get the smell of burnt 90W and syntorque out of the washer.

I have a pile of grungy gloves and rags that I'm told I have to take to the laundromat.
and this is why I won't use the laundromat

We had a washer and drier in our raceshop. It got a lot of use and saved a ton of money.

Back