Finally got a trailer to haul my jeep around!

Dads "construction" trailer doesn't have fenders either but prob should, prob is a rule somewhere that gets enforced when they are not happy with you for some other reason.

Was going to mention the trailer place off Sandy Ridge Road, on other side of hwy from Northern. They have a MUCH better selection (all they do is trailers) and that is where dad got his uber hard to find dustcaps. (Guy said it wasn't even worth bothering to ring up, just gave em to him)

They also worked with my father in law and installed his brake controller for a heck of a good price. You can see them from I-40, on the south side, always have various trailers on their lawn for sale.

The brace like you put on, dads has one too, with the extra triangulation as mentioned. It actually seems to contact the ground about 10% of the time when loading/unloading since it never seems to be level at Eldorado or other places.

As they mentioned you might want to drive the Jeep on/off it now a couple times to see what it does, might be too long.

SAm

I've seen it that way too and it's a cool way to do it but I'm going to go with the ramp supports for now. John CYJkrawler has those. Pretty cool & good for uneven terrain.

Loaded the jeep on the trailer to go to the beach last week and the ramps did fine. They didn't get stuck in the down position. There was enough tounge weight to bring them up. Also didn't get any tickets for no fenders! Keeping my fingers crossed. Trailer towed great all the way to the beach at 75mph at 9.5 miles to the gallon with the V-10 Excursion tow rig. :D

spraypaintman said:
Trailer towed great all the way to the beach at 75mph at 9.5 miles to the gallon with the V-10 Excursion tow rig. :D

Now let's try it in the mountains :) Heading to Harlan on Thursday Aug 10th for the weekend. Come on and ride with us!

I would love to but I have conflicting schedluled events. Thanks for the offer!

:beer:

Here's me loading up the jeep...had a blast at the beach with da jeep!

trailerbeach.jpg

Back