finally my XJ to keep for good, innovative

88jeepster

Jesus, Jannette & Jeeps for Life!
Banned
latest XJ build which really have to keep and not sell since don't have title.
98 XJ auto 357K miles. free trade work. port and polished head and cai and other regular engine mods to keep her going. welded 8.25 and shaved about 1" off, 6.5"lift cheapo to get job done for now, coolest thing is I found some trampoline frames for free scrap and put em to use and well, heres what I came up with. not quite "ROLL" worthy but didn't do it for that, just to help against bangs and dings and actually works pretty good. waiting on some 35s, doubler, locker in front, and winch. I did custom winch bumper front and something in rear, custom tail lights that are wicked cool at night. so here it is. (i'm sure the cage will bring some good laughs,.lol)

Did you spray paint the taillights? I believe I see razor knife lines in the X.

Do the doors open? Good luck!

oh man, I don't see this thread ending very well
very funny!!! hey man, with 4 kids and hardly no money, I work with what I got. jeep was free, parts were free, lift kit free fabbed, exo cage free, welding wire 32.00 spent on jeep so far so I think im doing pretty good, you know!!
went to test it today heres a couple flex pics, ghetto lift but works pretty good. no death wobble till 45ish

Attachments

• cool flex stock tires front.jpg
    cool flex stock tires front.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 6,270
  • jeep flex stock tires front.jpg
    jeep flex stock tires front.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 7,643
Did you spray paint the taillights? I believe I see razor knife lines in the X.

Do the doors open? Good luck!
yes and yes and yes and thank you. like said, free jeep with mods and only put 30some bucks cash to get it to this point

:shaking: OMG, did you really weld the tube to the side of the body?
every tube is welded to the body and frame to help keep it more sturdy. first time doing it....I guess most people don't do that and make it removable and stuff but I figure go the extra mile and weld it all in since it's a unibody anyway, make it more of a unibody..lol

I truly hope you do not take your kids in this thing when you wheel. It would be bad enough if you are in it and roll it, but even worse if kids are involved.

CAN'T BEAT FREE FOR A TOY THAT LOOKS LIKE THAT, RIGHT!! that's my biggest thumbs up about it. for me, I always find ways to still enjoy jeeping even broke, it just takes more work and time and ghetto fabbing to make things work but.....it works

I truly hope you do not take your kids in this thing when you wheel. It would be bad enough if you are in it and roll it, but even worse if kids are involved.
not roll worthy at all and haven't rolled jeep ever in 14yrs of wheeling....I don't play that hard so no worries there. kids love it and as mentioned before, it was just for looks and fun and little "body" armor, that's all.

i have a strong feeling this thread is going to reach 5 pages before this day is over........

ha ha ha guys. I didn't do this to start anything or bring bashing. this is my first "real" toy in ..... forever that I know I can't sell cause without a title so, this is the start with no money put in at all. I gotta get a e for effort right!!:beer:

all my funds are being saved for 35s, doubler, winch, and front locker. after that I guess focus on maybe some actual "real" control arms and springs.

How much do you charge for fab work, I would like this done to my TJ. I am not sure how we can attach it to my soft top though. Any ideas? Maybe epoxy? I really like the protection it adds.
since its a trampoline frames, we'll use the springs to hold it to your soft top...:D

very funny!!! hey man, with 4 kids and hardly no money, I work with what I got. jeep was free, parts were free, lift kit free fabbed, exo cage free, welding wire 32.00 spent on jeep so far so I think im doing pretty good, you know!!
went to test it today heres a couple flex pics, ghetto lift but works pretty good. no death wobble till 45ish

I commend you on wheeling with such a tight budget. It is just that the last guy on this website who posted pictures of using trampolene poles for a roll cage got blasted very badly. IIRC he had cut the roof completely off his rig though. That was a few years ago.

I commend you on wheeling with such a tight budget. It is just that the last guy on this website who posted pictures of using trampolene poles for a roll cage got blasted very badly. IIRC he had cut the roof completely off his rig though. That was a few years ago.
well, I feel for him too then. its just sad that people don't comprehend we all don't have money but we can still make things work. but at least I didn't try to make mine "roll" cage worthy and cut off top.....that's a bit...well...enough said. this was free metal poles to good use rather than scrap yard and believe it or not, it's tougher than you would think for what it is....at least for "body" armor, nothing else

Not my style, but at least you know how to post pics.

Back