finally, new tow rig...

rockcity

everyday is a chance to get better
Well, its not diesel, but its a nice cheap tow rig that I think I'll enjoy. Finally something to give the KJ a break:flipoff2:

p608-1136938752.jpg

Headed to pick it up on Friday morning, I hope. maybe Sat.

Rob

Nice lookin truck dude..

Nice truck, if you got it cheap enough, you could have the best of both worlds and swap in a 12 valve!

nice looking truck. You can buy a LOT of Gas for 10 grand:)

kilby said:
Nice truck!
What about a trailer? Or are you still using THAT one? :flipoff2:

:flipoff2: Nah, in the process of building a hauler. haven't decided on gooseneck or bumper pull yet...

got it plenty cheap, $12K. Thats plenty cheap. right at trade-in value

I'm flying up to Chicago on Sat. to pick it up. Can't wait:D :D

Rob

I don't know what gear ratio you have but my 5.4L won't hold more than 65 at a GVW of 13,000 with out running 3,500rpm

if it doesn't have it already, buy an intake and an exhaust on it maybe even chip it.

sure is pretty though, nice buy

Definitely wouldn't be building a bumper-pull since you have a choice. Goose will ride better when loaded, and outlast a bumper-pull. I just got back from a down and black run to West Palm Beach with a 48" two car inclosed goose, and it rode like a caddy down and back. -steve

yeah, I think I'm gonna run a goose instead of bumper pull. Why not?

Don't know about the gear ratio in the rear. Its got a Tow package, so we'll see. By the time I'm ready to tote the buggy around I may have a PSD, who knows...

Rob

12K is a damn good deal for that thing. What kind of mileage does it have on it? Im looking to buy something similar very soon.

mileage is 117K. I also bought a full bumper to bumper warranty offered by the bank, so no worries with having a vehicle of unknown condition and having to pay much $$$ for a new trans....

OK,
what a trip. It was great. made fantastic time, saw lots of cool stuff, and couldn't ask for better weather!!!

The truck is great.

But like any other used truck there are a couple things I need to take care of to make it top notch...

1. replace front brakes and turn rotor
2. fix power door locks, not working 100%
3. small hesitation in the motor, I'm thinking a fuel delivery problem that started when I added 87 in the tank...
4. need new steering wheel cover, leather is badly worn...
5. change all fluids and have a routine check-up/tune up

Well, thats it. Thats all the work it needs.

Can't wait to put it to use.

Rob

Seems like minor things about any used truck might need. Congrats on the find! For now I guess I will stick to my old Heep Hooptie to get me there and back.

I love the new fords. The seats are way more comftorable than the GM trucks I test drove. I never tried a dodge, but I just like the look of the Ford, so thats what I went with. Now I just gotta get some plates before this 7 day transport permit expires.

Rob

Back