Fire Extinguisher

03TJX

Recently one of my buddies had part of his engine wiring catch fire in his old Waggy and it got me thinking about making sure I have a fire extinguisher in my TJ. Was wanting some opinions on where other people have gotten theirs at and what they used to mount to the roll bar with. Thanks for any advice!!

I used Quick Release Dog Collars to secure mine to the roll bar. One around the neck, one around the base. Works like a charm. Pop, Pop and it's off to fighting fires.

x2 on the Lowe's solution. I got a basic ABC Kiddie extinguisher. It came with a plastic mount. I used a couple of big a$$ zip ties (also at Lowes) to secure the mount to the roll bar. I didn't figure the mount would hold, but it's been there for several years now.

Jeff

I remember reading that there were a couple diferent types of extinguishers used for vehicle fires. One type would damage electrical parts/wiring the other would just leave a residue.

Get and ABC type and it will just leave white dust everywhere. It's hell to try and vacuum out of a carb though...

Back