First broken item from lockers

CasterTroy

Faster'N You
Chuck Taylor’s where never known for their outstanding “wet grass traction†And as a middle schooler who liked to keep up with the Jones’ I opted for a coupla pairs back when they were “da bombâ€

Roaming around the mountains behind my grandmothers in Virginia I found out JUST how little grip they had on wet grass....especially wet grass on an incline.......better yet, wet grass on an incline dodging fresh cow pies and the occasional goose poop minefield

Yeah, that’s a good definition of slick...but that doesn’t hold a candle to what I saw yesterday at opening day URE. MAN that was slicker’n goose poop mixed with cowpies on a wet grassy slope wearin chuck Taylor’s

I had a blast in the beginning....lockers were popping, wheels were grabbin and the only slippage came as a result of catchin a root the wrong way every once and a while. MAN with the Detroit’s, that bronco would climb a TREE I think (keep in mind my limited experience) Heck I even pulled an XJ out of a real pickle of a situation (how the heck he did that...I'll never understand)

Then long about ¾ thru the first doggoned trail I popped the right hub. From then on I’d give it gas and it’d wanna shoot off the trail to the right like a redneck with a full bladder lookin for a tree to hide behind in order for a little relief.

I was in no shape to tackle anything else, so I bagged the rest of the day and cut my losses. Other than that, it was OK...but DAGGONE I hate mud. I spent most of the entire afternoon with my father-n-laws massive pressure washer extracting mud from the darndest places.....then....when I thought I had it squeaky clean, a 4 lb lump would drop onto the driveway

Did I mention I hate mud?

Well, at least I didn’t break anything REAL bad......time to look for the best price on some warn locking hubs I guess!

when I thought I had it squeaky clean, a 4 lb lump would drop onto the driveway

:lol: Been there. I gave up today after $8 in quarters

I finally got all the crap off mien today too Troy... I used a old tire brush and scrubbed everything clean. Gotta keep that tranny spotless to keep the warantee from being voided. Make sure you run a water hose down in those beams up front where you can see the shaft. Mud loves to get in there and cause some rust issues.

Did you already bust out the oxy-clean to re-whiten your truck, or is that on the agenda for tomorrow? :D

Oxy-clean got the stains out and made it shine like set of false teeth :D

OH BTW, locked the drivers axle and lifted the tire...spin the wheel and it rotated the shaft ....then did the pasenger side...no axle rotation, and just clicking with it locked...so it HAS to be the hub

Now to order some warns

Don't throw away the old ones, sometimes the "durndest" parts are the ones that break! FOr instance I have a 'broken' hub that is the black plastic dial piece, the rest of the hub is fine.

I picked up a set of warn replacements and kept my broken one in the box, so I have 1.95 trail spares, heh!

Hub breaking is GOOD vs axleshaft...at $30 per warn vs $xxx per shaft? Nice to meet ya at Eldorados saturday!

Sam

Sam

Good to finally meet you too Sam, and see that paint job in person :D

Yeah, keeping the "good one" for spare. I HOPE to pick up a few spare TTB parts here and there too "just in case"

If I'd been on a harder trail I guess I'd been screwed :(

...nah you would have been fine, small trail system, I did almost everything yesterday in 2HI, that locker in the rear will point you most places thru URE. Someone usually has a D44 hub with them, I carry 2 hubs and my snap ring pliers and D44 socket with me for every trail ride.

That reminds me...if you need help pulling that hub and replacing it holler, I have the D44 socket you should need and snap ring pliers, etc. I live close to the Lowes there in Kville.

Sam

CasterTroy said:
I HOPE to pick up a few spare TTB parts here and there too "just in case"

:(

I will have a complete front for sale very soon. :D

SHINTON said:
...if you need help pulling that hub and replacing it holler, I have the D44 socket you should need and snap ring pliers, etc. I live close to the Lowes there in Kville.

(Hollering) :D When I get the Warns in I'll give a LOUDER yell :smokin:

I'm just up the road in sedge garden (just up the hill from sedge garden pool on oak grove rd)

Franklin....I'll probibly nab what you've got

Franklin said:
I will have a complete front for sale very soon. :D

Sell a TTB? You're a funny guy.

Unless by "sell", you mean what percentage of a six pack you'd accept in trade for the scrap steel. :flipoff2:

saf-t scissors said:
Unless by "sell", you mean what percentage of a six pack you'd accept in trade for the scrap steel. :flipoff2:

I dont know man. At least 4 maybe 5 boat anchors there.

Unless someone has a loaner Sammi they want "slightly modified" :D

CasterTroy said:
I HOPE to pick up a few spare TTB parts here and there too "just in case":(

I think I've got about two sets of TTB shafts that you can have. I'll check. Located in Greensboro. I think I also have one good spare factory hub that you can have.

DK

uglyjeepoffroad said:
Very soon, haven't we been hearing that for a while? :flipoff2: :D

Damn straight. But work, MBA classes, hunting/ fishing seasons, girlfriend aw fawk it just some damn excuses anyway :rolleyes:

:D :D
Franklin said:
Damn straight. But work, MBA classes, hunting/ fishing seasons, girlfriend aw fawk it just some damn excuses anyway :rolleyes:
Thats what I thought, now get to swapping. :D

Back