Fox Shox Valving Question

93JXJ

Thinking about (pretty much made up my mind) on the 2.0 Air Shox for the rear of my Sammy with 'Yota axles, 1 linked, half cab with fuel cell, exo cage, battery and storage box (acutally a Husqvarna chainsaw box) mounted on the rear.

I've read a bunch of stuff from other sites but it's hard to get fact from fiction. I think that a few folks are running them on this site and I have a few questions:

1 - probably going to go with 12" travel - what are you guys running and on what? Do you wish you went longer/shorter?
2 - Resevoir or not? This is just a trail rig and if I can save a few $$, I'd like to (read cheap SOB).
3 - Custom valving - should I stick with 60/40 or ?? (and to be honest, even with everything I've read, I don't know if I really understand it)
4 - Where's the best/cheapest place for the nitrogen regulator hose, etc...?

Buy them, bolt them on, charge them and ride. Then see if you need to make adjustments. I ran my SAW air shocks with the factory amount of oil and valving for close to 2 years and was happy with the performance. When I rebuilt all of them I doubled the amount of oil and ran less pressure in them. I'm still fooling with them now for high speed driving.You might want to get the 14" or even 16's for the rear and angle them in a bit to help with stability. Buy a sway bar for the rear, you'll be happy you did.

i ran the saw's, too. i wouldent think youd need the resovoirs, imo. got any hvac freinds? if so, they keep gauges and nitrogen on there truck. i do, any way. onlly problem is the shocks schraeder stems are fine thread, vs freon fittings course thread. solution= $ 3 adapter from supply house. ive found that the levels of oil in the factory shipped shocks is never wht they claim, and never equal between the 2.
billavista from pirate 4x4 says add oil with medicine dropper- i have a better way. take shrader out, compress shocks a few times till all oil is out, put adapter with short tube on stem, and immerse other end of tube into measuring cup that youve measured amount of oil needed. have someone hold tube completly undrer oil level. pull shock shaft back out and wah- lah! all oil is sucked into shock!!!
get the 14's at least.

Thanks guys, I think the 16's will be my purchase. Bigwoody - thanks for the push. Why a sway bar?
Smart idea on the cup, I'm sure you saved me a ton of wasted oil.

Back