Frame shop in Triangle area?

Blaze

The Jeeper Reaper
I'm going to be starting a rebuild on my 86 S10 Blazer this summer. It was my first car and it's been sitting under the shed for years and finally going to hopefully get around to it. In my young and dumb age 25+ years ago I ran it into a ditch and tweaked the frame a bit. It was a straight on hit and a square tweak so only noticeable thing is the fender to door gap. I had a shop look at it once and they thought it was an easy pull but I just never did it. Yeah, probably easier and cheaper to just get a new frame, but I am pretty sentimental and want to keep as many original parts as I can.

The frame shop I used to use back when I ran the Jeep shop has closed now so I'm not sure who to talk to in the area. I can bring the entire thing to them, or just the bare frame once I get it pulled out. Whatever is easiest.

It's not near you, but I have a buddy a few miles up the road from me with a frame machine.

It's not near you, but I have a buddy a few miles up the road from me with a frame machine.
I'm not opposed to the trip, my brother lives in New Bern so would give me a reason to get down that way. You know if he'd need the truck in one piece or could just do the bare frame?

It's probably easier if it's at least a roller, but I don't see why it couldn't be just the frame. It's mostly blocking it up, chaining it down, and checking it to see if it's square/level.

You could call him and ask. His name is Elwood and, coincidentally, I'm Jake. Maybe we should get the band back together šŸ¤”šŸ˜Ž

252-671-9285

It's probably easier if it's at least a roller, but I don't see why it couldn't be just the frame. It's mostly blocking it up, chaining it down, and checking it to see if it's square/level.

You could call him and ask. His name is Elwood and, coincidentally, I'm Jake. Maybe we should get the band back together šŸ¤”šŸ˜Ž

252-671-9285
Cool, I'll give him a call when I'm ready. It's still behind the shop behind all the other stuff and gotta finish a couple of other things first.

F & B body shop in Thomasville. The owner (or son of the owner - cant remember) used to be a member on this board. I tried to tag him, but his user name didn't pop up. His name is Scott. Good dude, and does good work. 336-476-3893

Back