Freakin UPS GRRRR!!! Long Sorry

kerryp

I just recently bought a 2004 Soft top from a nice guy in NH that was really good to work with, he shipped the top prior to me paying him, was really cool and willing to work with me on paying the shipping since it cost a fortune to ship the damn thing UPS.......

Well he shipped the top in a box on last Tuesday and then the bows on Wednesday,,,,,I get the bows on Friday but no top yet,,,,,he checks into it and come to find out the UPS Store he used mistakenly put Raleigh for the destination city instead of Charlotte,,,,no biggie right, we do a trace and it shows it to be sittin in Raleigh waiting on address correction,,,,,,so the UPS store corrects the address and they say it will be to me on Monday, never shows, Tuesday I call, "well it should be to you today", never shows, Wednesday, call back, "well sir, we don't know where it is, the shipper needs to place a trace, you can't do that cuz you are the receipient"

well Thursday here, still nothing, somehow they lost the box somewhere between Raleigh and Charlotte, this sucks, thats a lot of money.

I had the guy selling it to me insure it for what I paid him, so I should get my money back if they can't find it, but damn, how hard is it to ship from Raleigh to Charlotte.........

Anyway sorry for the rambling, my main point to this long drawn out post is, if any of you work for UPS in either Raleigh or Charlotte, or know someone that does, please let me know, cuz you can't find numbers or contacts in local hubs, you can only call the 800 number and then get the run around and if one of you has contacts or works for UPS and can assist I would appreciate it...thanks

kerryp :driver:

i feel your pain, last summer i bought some sliders off ebay for hella cheap and they were definatley top notch. After a week of waiting I called UPS too see WTF was going on and turns up they lost them. :mad: I got my money back but seriously how do you lose a 70 pound 4' long box of metal?!

Hell, I had a replacment glass for our shower door sent out because it was damaged out of the package, 4 weeks, no glass. Called the company, they tracked it down, 30 miles from the house and it was broken. UPS didn't bother letting anyone know. 2nd glass arrived in a week no problem. I was trying not to complain much, because the company gave outstanding customer service. They didn't have to replace the glass for free.

Back