Free wood

Could it be picked up on a Saturday?

I'm just trying to avoid having to haul it all away. And if it will help somebody stay warm on a cold day, or make some nice boards, that's always a plus too.
Yea I'll take it to my friends and make some boards. He loves pecan so maybe he will want some.

Yea I'll take it to my friends and make some boards. He loves pecan so maybe he will want some.
Get all the Pecan and Walnut @Danger_Ranger has and drop some off here when you swing by :D

So I need to go north then swing by you....
I mean, I wouldn't complain :) For pecan and walnut, you can even swing by and get my flatbed truck :D

I mean, I wouldn't complain :) For pecan and walnut, you can even swing by and get my flatbed truck :D
I was going to drag the trailer and the F250 up there. You're the man with all the tools I wish I had. Especially that mill and mini x. That mini x would come in handy for a couple weekends here.

I was going to drag the trailer and the F250 up there. You're the man with all the tools I wish I had. Especially that mill and mini x. That mini x would come in handy for a couple weekends here.
If you have the trailer, you're good to go (as long as the springs are within 1/8" or less :p)

Walnut and pecan? I can come and pick it up most any time. Let me know size, etc. I’d love to get pecan and walnut on the sawmill.

I can bring the tractor and trailer and load it pretty reasonably depending on size of the tree.

If someone else hasn’t claimed it, let me know.

Ok. What length would you guys want it cut? The walnut is pretty big and I'm not sure what length I can leave it and be able to pick it up with my mini skid. But if you are gonna bring a tractor that would work too.

Depends on diameter. My tractor can pick up 1100lbs. For milling, I probably wouldn’t want anything longer than 12’. I can stack 12’ logs on the front of the trailer and put the tractor on the back of the trailer and it all fits well. Anything too heavy to lift, I use the winch to drag on the trailer.

Do I have a dog in this fight? I'm serious about driving up 3 hours on a Saturday. I'd take 8' or 12' sections. I'd love to get one or two sections of each. I'll be bringing the car hauler behind the truck so no real way to load. Can handle 6K in weight. How much you think a 12' section of each would weigh?

Do I have a dog in this fight? I'm serious about driving up 3 hours on a Saturday. I'd take 8' or 12' sections. I'd love to get one or two sections of each. I'll be bringing the car hauler behind the truck so no real way to load. Can handle 6K in weight. How much you think a 12' section of each would weigh?

If we want to tag team it, I can bring the tractor with the trailer and help load ya up.

A 20” diameter walnut log is around 125# per linear foot. Pecan is slightly more.

I just got another job in Asheboro cutting 3 trees. One is a pretty good size oak. The other 2 or some kinda oak I think. All 3 have pretty straight trunks. @fordwheelinman I see you are in Randolph county, so it should be closer for you.

If we want to tag team it, I can bring the tractor with the trailer and help load ya up.

A 20” diameter walnut log is around 125# per linear foot. Pecan is slightly more.
That would make them about 1500 each for a 12' section? So If there is enough for 2 sections of each I'm down. I can go either Saturday or Sunday. Just let me know when.

That would make them about 1500 each for a 12' section? So If there is enough for 2 sections of each I'm down. I can go either Saturday or Sunday. Just let me know when.

My tractor is limited to 1100 lbs. So I’d have to keep length and diameter reasonable. I have a winch in the trailer to help out if need be.

I have Fridays off and am mostly available any Saturday and Sunday. So, just let me know when and I’ll work it out.

I still haven't gotten around to the pecan and walnut job yet. Crappy weather, equipment issues, and back problems have kept me from getting to it. But hopefully this week or the next I will get to it. I'll keep you guys posted.

My tractor is limited to 1100 lbs. So I’d have to keep length and diameter reasonable. I have a winch in the trailer to help out if need be.

I have Fridays off and am mostly available any Saturday and Sunday. So, just let me know when and I’ll work it out.
When we loaded my pine logs they were picking up the front of the tractor. Was using a lift bar on the 3 pt. So we lifted the log and backed my trailer under it. Then pulled pushed it all the way on.
I still haven't gotten around to the pecan and walnut job yet. Crappy weather, equipment issues, and back problems have kept me from getting to it. But hopefully this week or the next I will get to it. I'll keep you guys posted.
I have to go back to Aiken this weekend to finish up a couple things for my parents so I vote the next. LOL!

Ok. My aunt and uncle live 15 minutes away from that job so if I need to I could take the logs there and leave them and you can come get them whenever you want.

Back