Frickin' pumps!

lomodyj

Filled the CTD this afternoon. Knew I was getting to the full mark, but, waited for the pump to click off. Wheeeeelllllll.....I guess they don't have the auto shut off in Chatham County. I now have fuel all over the side of my truck, my clothes and me! Came home washed up with some Fast Orange hand cleaner/degreaser then took a shower with some Irish Spring soap (smelliest stuff I could find in the guest bathroom). I still smell like diesel! What gets the smell off of me? I'm going to try some tomato juice...:D

i have used Borax to get it out of my clothes before, as for your skin, only time!

lomodyj said:
What gets the smell off of me? I'm going to try some tomato juice...:D

Well, when I was working on diesels I'd wash my hands with ATF then with good hand cleaner (GOOP/GOJO) then soap.

regular hand soap won't cut the smell or the oil film, GOJO or GOOP do well and can also be smeared on your clothes before washing and will get the smell out of them also.

One thing to remember, when you are trying to get anything off your hands. Use COLD water. Hot water will set into your pores.
The hand cleaner does work good on cloths.

Ohhh, I've had an aggravationg afternoon and evening.:mad: FINALLY something made me laugh!:lol:
Hate to hear that for ya buddy.
I was once up on a truck handing a diesel fill hose down to a coworker and I wasn't watching what I was doing and handed it to him with the nozzle towards him. Covered his head, face, and upper body. Man I felt bad.
I guess the diesel smell is kinda like Aunt Bee's pickles, gotta learn to love 'em!

Back