Friends Of Uwharrie Needs YOU!

J.C.

Volunteer
Friends Of Uwharrie is a non-profit organization that is YOUR outdoor recreation advocate in Uwharrie National Forest. Right now our focus is working with the Forest Service to maintain and improve the OHV trails! Several of our NC4x4 members serve on the board of directors for FOU on a volunteer basis, no directors recieve any pay. 100% of your donations go toward FOU's mission!

FOU is in need of funds to service the backhoe/loader and 5 ton dump truck that were donated to us by the Southern Four Wheel Drive Association. While we have donations of some filters and fluids, we also need several parts that are OEM/dealer only.

FOU is also in need of donations for the general fund. We have several expenses that we ned to pay for such as professional fees, insurance for the equipment, 501c3 application costs, PO box, etc.

Please consider making a donation, 100% of which will go directly to improving your OHV experience in Uwharrie National Forest!

Each donator of $25 or more will recieve a 3"x5" Friends Of Uwharrie sticker.
Friends Of Uwharrie Graphic Oval 10%.jpg

Donations can be made online at http://www.friendsofuwharrie.org/donate.htm or you can mail your donation to:

Friends Of Uwharrie
PO Box 8966
Greensboro, NC 27419

Last edited:
And don't worry about mailing the sticker or anything. I can get one at the Jamboree.

Done!

Just donated $50.

Thanks DR, and everyone else who has donated! Since I started this thread FOU has had about $500 donated.

Expenses we have right now:

$350 - 501c3 application
$1100 - Insurance on heavy equipment (annual expense)
$? - Service and parts for heavy equipment

The next FOU BOD meeting is the 2013 1st Quarter Meeting, Monday April 15th at 6 pm at The Outpost. In the interest of openness and transparency, all FOU meetings are open to all interested parties.

Thanks everyone for donations they are much needed.

Thanks DR, and everyone else who has donated! Since I started this thread FOU has had about $500 donated.

Expenses we have right now:

$350 - 501c3 application
$1100 - Insurance on heavy equipment (annual expense)
$? - Service and parts for heavy equipment

The next FOU BOD meeting is the 2013 1st Quarter Meeting, Monday April 15th at 6 pm at The Outpost. In the interest of openness and transparency, all FOU meetings are open to all interested parties.
Why is insurance so much?

The loader and the 6x6 are the machines.

Just donated $40
Get paid monthly so I will donate again soon!

I donated 10 gallons of oil and some grease tubes on the workday. Gave them directly to Debra out there.

Gotcha I'm sure someone can email ya the info

Made a 50.00 donation from your friends at Carolina Crawlerz. Keep up the good work. We worry about URE all the time that it maybe closed one day due to cut backs. If there is anything you need form our club please let us know.
Reid Whitford
VP Carolina Crawlerz

Donations Update: $1184

Since beginning this thread FOU has received $1184 in donations. Thank you to all who have contributed, this will go a long way toward meeting our 2013 expenses! Please remember, all of our Directors and volunteers serve without pay or remuneration of any kind! Our 2013 budget is @ $3000 so we still have need of donations. There are, right now, 18,911 members on NC4x4.com. If each member donated $1 we would have our operating budget for several years! Again, thanks for supporting Friends Of Uwharrie!

If you ever need parts or assistance on that 5 ton, let me know. I run a surplus store, plus I have 20+ years of wrenching on them for the Army. I can get pretty much any part for them.

If you ever need parts or assistance on that 5 ton, let me know. I run a surplus store, plus I have 20+ years of wrenching on them for the Army. I can get pretty much any part for them.

I know we need the exhaust for it. Pretty much complete exhaust. It is just pointed at the ground right now. Should come up thru the passenger front fender. I have been looking down here but no one wants to just sell it.

Back