Friends of Uwharrie Structure

DRaider90

Uwharrie Off-Road Volunteering
Since we are not an official club with dues/etc we haven't had an official structure. But recently the need for a more "official organization" has been made very clear. We will have a more official structure, and here is the general layout:

Head Coordinator (aka President): Eli (DRaider90)
Assistant Coordinator (aka Vice President): Brian (Tech11)
Treasurer: Chris (CLTDBA)
Board of Representatives:OPEN

--- Higher Indirect Authorities ---
Owner of NC4x4: Shawn
Forest Service: Deborah Walker & Terry Savery

I answer to Shawn and the Forest Service, and for the most part that interaction doesn't occur within the FoU structure. Right now Shawn works a lot with Terry The Hot Dog guy and others on here behind the scenes, so there isn't a direct way to include that into the structure. Be aware it happens though.

The Board of Representatives consists of anyone from clubs or any individuals that want to discuss and help make decisions about the goals/projects of FoU. There won't be official in person meetings, the un-official meetings will always be lunch/after a work day when we have time to sit down and talk. The only requirement will be that BOR Members attend a minimum of 3 workdays a year. Its hard for someone to be involved in the goals/projects/decision making if you aren't out there to see/experience what is going on/needed. Considering there are 11 workdays a year, attending around 1/4 of them isn't a big requirement.

Besides the BOR the biggest addition here is a separate person being the Treasurer. We will be getting a paypal setup just for FoU, which will help keeping track of funds etc.

Post up here or send me a PM if you are interested in joining the Board of Representatives. If there are any additional positions that you think need to be added feel free to post up. I didn't really see a need for a Secretary etc, but maybe I over looked something.

HEHEHEH

Are/were these elected or appointed positions ?

I'm guessing here but I would say kinda appointed out of necessity. LOL! Does this mean you are going to get some sort of more official tax stance too?

I'd agree with "appointed out of necessity." They are more or less the same people who have already been doing the tasks associated with such titles. It just made sense that they be the persons in charge of these things. But let's not get caught up in titles. This is a step towards getting the FoU volunteers more organized.

Official tax stance? Having positions like the above definitely help towards that end, but I think that decision is ultimately up to NC4x4.

I'm guessing here but I would say kinda appointed out of necessity. LOL! Does this mean you are going to get some sort of more official tax stance too?

Appointed out of necessity is exactly what it is. We aren't a club with a list of members, and people paying dues so there isn't a voting system. The structure put in place is to purely keep things organized and help keep how we handle things transparent to the volunteers. As far as the Board of Representatives goes it was thrown in there because I figured some people might want to get more involved. A couple people have been saying if there is more organization then there would be more people volunteering. Well here is one step in the process of getting things more organized.

Appointed out of necessity is exactly what it is. We aren't a club with a list of members, and people paying dues so there isn't a voting system. The structure put in place is to purely keep things organized and help keep how we handle things transparent to the volunteers. As far as the Board of Representatives goes it was thrown in there because I figured some people might want to get more involved. A couple people have been saying if there is more organization then there would be more people volunteering. Well here is one step in the process of getting things more organized.

So this is your que to step up or shut up! :popcorn:

Back