froklift tires in Raleigh

shelby27604

Anyone have a good shop or company in Raleigh that can mount some tires? I called the local parts supplier, and they farm it out to a secondary company, but tack their fees as a middleman on top of the fee for the company doing the work.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't like paying someone to make a phone call for me.

If it matters, I am looking for a set of 5.00-8 for the rear tires on my pneumatic tire lift (3k capacity) I have been told solid tires will fit on these wheels, this is an outdoor rig, and smooth tires are not an option.

Anyone have a good shop or company in Raleigh that can mount some tires? I called the local parts supplier, and they farm it out to a secondary company, but tack their fees as a middleman on top of the fee for the company doing the work.

Call me old fashioned, but I don't like paying someone to make a phone call for me.

If it matters, I am looking for a set of 5.00-8 for the rear tires on my pneumatic tire lift (3k capacity) I have been told solid tires will fit on these wheels, this is an outdoor rig, and smooth tires are not an option.

Solid Deal is my first choice, i can’t give you a price, to many variables

Snyder can do it as well.

you’re looking for Solid Pneumatic tires, profile of a tubed tire made of solid rubber. the benefit is they don’t go flat, but they can certainly be torn up by asshole operators.

They WILL dig into soft gravel pretty easy, they don’t float as well as a regular pneumatic tire. soil and soft ground, you’re gonna hate life. but that’s any tire at that point.

For future searches, Blacks tires on Capt. blvd handles forklifts. Local supply quoted almost $400.....Blacks quiteq $100+/- mounted with new tubes.

Will update if the process goes smoothly on Thursday.

Give Solideal Tire a call

Blacks tires got it done for $120 out the door.

I think I could have squeezed a couple hundred more hours out of the originals, but better safe then sorry (before and after pics. below, same yardmaster pneumatic tires)

Attachments

• IMG_20190326_135822161_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190326_135822161_HDR.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20190327_130531776_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190327_130531776_HDR.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 196

I think I could have squeezed a couple hundred more hours out of the originals, but better safe then sorry (before and after pics. below, same yardmaster pneumatic tires)
Coulda run those another 10 years :lol:

yep, pneumatic tires are cheap, until you factor in the related flat repairs over the life of the tire. the down time involved and the hassle of dealing with it.

Solid pneumatic look a lot better then.

You may never get a flat, and you'll be ahead of the game if this the case, but the odds are against you.

previous set had foam filled tubes, this truck lives in my driveway, when the tires decide to go flat, I will probably just pull them and go get new tubes foam filled.

The difference between the old and new tires is amazing! I couldn't turn the wheel more then 1/4 turn without the steer tires acting like an anchor and the fronts digging into the gravel.

I still got it stuck the first day, but I had gotten too cocky and ventured too far off the gravel.

Back