front brake pads

BigGun

So I need new pads for the front. Anybody have brand they like or a brand I should avoid? Its a Ram 2500, V10, quad, 4x4. I only do light towing but I'm running 35 inch tires. Thanks for any advice. BigGun :uzi:

BigGun said:
So I need new pads for the front. Anybody have brand they like or a brand I should avoid? Its a Ram 2500, V10, quad, 4x4. I only do light towing but I'm running 35 inch tires. Thanks for any advice. BigGun :uzi:
I ran Performance Friction on my 96 CTD and they worked good no squeal or other problems but you better keep your rims clean. Once I let them go for 6-8 months and had a real hard time getting them clean/
Jon

I buy the cheapest pads available... I'd MUCH rather wear out $20 pads than $135 rotors...

I have had the best luck with Raybestos brand pads and shoes. So much so that now I will not buy anything else.
I have used just about every kind out there and had the worst luck with Rayloc brand.

Rich said:
I buy the cheapest pads available... I'd MUCH rather wear out $20 pads than $135 rotors...

Bring this back from the dead........
I'm going to start looking for a set of pads for the tow rig.
From what I read on some boards the Carbon Metalic is hard on the rotor and I know from the last time I used them you need to clean the rims all the time.
Is there a better pad to run what are people using now I know some people talk about the Hawk Pads are they any good and what prices they run?
Jon

Hawk pads were popular in the SCCA crowd - haven't heard anything about the truck stuff, but the brand is reputable.

I think I saw something about it on Pirate in the Tow Rig section. Like there was a specific Hawk pad recommended for tow rigs. And I think Summit sells it. I don't have time to find it now, but will look for it later if no one else knows...

Don't be so fast to pass up Dodge pads. They have started making rotor/pads kits for most Dodges that are real cheap. Usually the pads themselves arent that expensive either.

3DCrawler said:
Don't be so fast to pass up Dodge pads. They have started making rotor/pads kits for most Dodges that are real cheap. Usually the pads themselves arent that expensive either.
Was thinking about keeping the dodge pads the only down side was cleaning.
They have worked 100% like they should no noise or fade.
The problem was the price. They had 3 to pick from and it sounded like they just get them from the parts store. I ask for the ones just like what was stock and told you can't get them only replacement ones.
Cheep better best run 89$ for the cheep and 99$ better 129$ for the best.
I would love it if someone could give me a price and part number for the pads on there now.
Some of the highend pads are to hard and kill the rotor and I'm not looking for that. But for Carbon or hawk and others being 50-60$ I would pay a little more for the stock ones.
3D Crawler what have you found on them? What would a pad and rotor kit run or replacment pads run?

Jon

Back