Full Bodied Truck Cages

DannyH

smokey burnouts
On my current FSJ build I’m thinking about cages for when the wheeling starts getting serious.
I don’t want to go through the sheet metal of the cab just yet. Definitely, don’t want a exocage. I’m in between building just and interior cage for now, but I also like cages in the bed with a spare tire mount. Maybe building just a bed cage would work.

Anyone have pics of full bodied truck with just a bed cage?
Is it practical to build just a bed cage?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m not sure what you mean by bed cage. Do you mean remove the bed and build a tube bed? Those are pretty popular.

I'm thinking he means kickin' it ol' skool.

1978.jpg

1978-jeep-j10-10-4-rare-jeep-truck-7.jpg

I'm thinking he means kickin' it ol' skool.

1978.jpg

1978-jeep-j10-10-4-rare-jeep-truck-7.jpg

@BigSouth Similar to this but more truggy style. I have this setup on the truck, but it isn’t tied into the frame so isn’t going to save anyone in a bad rollover.

Not tube bed, I’m keeping the stock bed.

@BigSouth Similar to this but more truggy style. I have this setup on the truck, but it isn’t tied into the frame so isn’t going to save anyone in a bad rollover.

Not tube bed, I’m keeping the stock bed.

@Jody Treadway has some pretty slick rub rails on his truck that protrude through the bedside. Might be worth a look just for ideas. If I still had the sheet metal bed, I’d rock those for sure.

@Jody Treadway has some pretty slick rub rails on his truck that protrude through the bedside. Might be worth a look just for ideas. If I still had the sheet metal bed, I’d rock those for sure.

Any pics or links to his build? I think I’ve seen his rig but can’t remember what it looks like.

By bedcage I mean something like below, while retaining all the sheet metal. It’s a cage that isn’t incorporated into the cab, just the bed. I’m not going for the truggy look I’ll keep the sheet metal

401d80d56a19132de11489fa31480b47.jpg

Last edited:
Keeping the bed floor, or no?

That would look damn slick with the bed sides back on.

Keeping the bed floor, or no?

That would look damn slick with the bed sides back on.

Probably going to keep what I can of them and just hole saw or cut holes as needed!

Here is a cage that might give you an idea: .

Or this:
images

I think you have the right idea though, with above.

The blue truck has some awesome cage work, I’m considering doing something similar to that. I like the simplicity. I wonder how hard those body tie ins would be to make?

That yellow Toyota was my son's first offroad truck. We bought it from a guy in Charlotte. I can't remember who did the original tube work

Back