Funky Truck

I dont know about you guys, but mine needs lower gears. I have to bump it to get over some ledges and then in roles.

jplive said:
I guess I'm on the skinny pedal to hard :flipoff2:
Just like last weekend when I broke my axle :( :lol:

Did Joel tell you that matt

:driver: <---not me for awhile :rolleyes:

nope, i didnt hear about this. did u blow that s35 up? i assume that it was locked when it happend. where did all this take place?

got4-lo said:
nope, i didnt hear about this. did u blow that s35 up? i assume that it was locked when it happend. where did all this take place?

Yep, snapped my right rear shaft on Rocky Mtn Loop in the rock garden, same line I've been taking for a while. And yep had it locked up. I don't exactly have the s35. When I did the gearing and lockers I had heavy duty 27 spline shafts installed or that's what I thought. After some research the right rear shaft was not heavy duty. Shipping mix up and I didn't know. It's under warranty though and I'm getting it all straightened out.

I wasn't going to steal your thunder Paul. :driver: But I did host the pics.

2_G.sized.jpg

1_G.sized.jpg

I think you should do a full wooden exoskeleton. That would be the new hotness.

Joel said:
I wasn't going to steal your thunder Paul. :driver: But I did host the pics.

2_G.sized.jpg

1_G.sized.jpg

:lol: hell ya!!! how far did u drive like that? i have seen some pretty weird trail fixes, and that is near the top. :smokin:

so pual, u were wheelin with a locked d35 :eek: and it held in all those rock gardens are crackers neck and all the trips to uwharrie.

got4-lo said:
:lol: hell ya!!! how far did u drive like that? i have seen some pretty weird trail fixes, and that is near the top. :smokin:

so pual, u were wheelin with a locked d35 :eek: and it held in all those rock gardens are crackers neck and all the trips to uwharrie.

I drove very, very slowly from Kodack Rock back to my camper at Arrowhead campground. Called AAA Sunday morning and they sent a rollback out to get me back to Mooresville. Bad part was I had to get another vehicle and drive all the way back to get my camper.

Yep, locked d35 held up to a lot of abuse as long as I was easy on the skinny pedal. :driver:

Damn, sorry for the thread highjack JB :D

got4-lo said:

Uwharrie is weird like that.. it breaks crap when you least expect it.

In fact, I think the last birf break I had was at the top of Kodak. :rolleyes: Damn Boggers.

I agree with the weird breakage at UNF. I broke a D44 front shaft on falls dam last year. Must be those boggers Rich.

Sam(slim)

Those things are posessed! Must be the custom grooving. ;)

Back