Funny arrows > on side of road ???

Yay!Gurrr

Better Faster Stronger
Hey just a random question of the day... but ive seen these funny arrows on the side of the road in various spots the last few weeks, usually around construction sites, but not always..

They are a black plastic or tarp material with a white > symbol painted on them... The > points to a small serveyer type stick/flag

WTF are these things ???

My best guess was a marker for airplane or satelite serveying?

arial phototography for maps. The arrows point on known survey points - benchmarks.

Plane flys a grid, camera snaps a pic every so many seconds (they're probably GPS-enabled now, i'd guess.

kaiser715 said:
arial phototography for maps. The arrows point on known survey points - benchmarks.

Plane flys a grid, camera snaps a pic every so many seconds (they're probably GPS-enabled now, i'd guess.

Yep and there should be a lot more in the fall we use them as said to find the known spots, points or Benchmarks and also set up the direction to fly with white arrows. For new projects we fly them in the fall when all the trees are clean so as to get better ground shots.
I send out for them all the time at work. Yes it is all tied to GPS.
Jon

hscrugby said:
So what you're saying is when you're drunk, get a buddy to drive you around and randomly move them a couple hundred feet?
Hmm, sorry, just got back from having my dog's "anal glands" pumped clean.
IN a VERY strange mood.

So were you snifffiiiiinnnnnnnnnngggggggggg it or what? :bounce:

I always stand outside, its a little to much for me:shaking:

Back