General tow pig concerns

Here is what you need:

An exteneded cab SRW F350 woth a 5.9 Cummins engine and an allison trans. Then you can piss off every die hard ford, dodge, and gm puriest at the same time!

No, the Allison they put in the Chevies isnt all that. The Ford trans is better.

Go big
73c39563cc4945591956faabc3e33e99.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

No, the Allison they put in the Chevies isnt all that. The Ford trans is better.

But then you couldnt piss off the GM guys...

I've had to step away from my search for a few days, but I'm appreciate of all the insights! I'm hoping to get back to my search tomorrow. Found an '06 Dodge 2500 on CL with some bed rust. He's still a little proud of it.

Huh. So I guess you've never driven a <05 Super Duty. Or had somebody pop the door handles out with a screwdriver. Or had the body mounts fall out from under the cab. Or had to put air bags on a 3/4 ton diesel pickup truck just so it could tow a 6000# trailer without dragging ass....

Weird.

I own an 04 F550. Is it perfect? No. Is it better than the other two big manufacturers? IMHO, yes.

I own an 04 F550. Is it perfect? No. Is it better than the other two big manufacturers? IMHO, yes.
Agreed, there is no comparison on f450/550 chassis, regardless of generation or powertrain. Chassis rigidity, axle size, brake size, steering safety, 19.5 tire life, and over all heavy towing stability.

I've owned 2 gas and 2 diesel in this configuration and it's been the safest towing setup versus all 6 other Chevy and dodge ton trucks I've pulled with.

They all have their pros and cons; I like Chevy for ride comfort and ls platform, dodge for Cummins-... and nothing else, ford for the spacious cab, 5r110, and cheaper to maintain (chassis) per event.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you end up with a 3rd gen Dodge, you won’t regret the Cummins, but as far as comfort goes, it lacks a lot; the seats suck. I’ve had two back surgeries, and since about June, I haven’t been able to drive mine more than about 2 miles without the seat killing my back, so I’ve been driving the wife’s car. I kept reading about how much better the 4th gen seats are, so I took a chance and ordered a set off eBay. Put them in last weekend. Wow, what a difference! Now my wife can have her car back! It is definitely an upgrade you should consider if you get a 3rd gen Ram.

The power leather seats are better than the cloth ones.

Back