Giant mosquitoes

Well I'll be dang. I've always called them "bastard crickets". It's common terminology in my family now, haha. Spricket is fine too, but I think bastard cricket is much more appropriate.

The creepy combo of a spider and cricket.

I live between a creek and a railway culvert, mosquitos used to get so bad that you couldn't go outside.

Last summer I had a friend come over the same day I got these. He was out of his truck for about 3 minutes before getting pissed from bites and left. A week and half later he came back, stood around the driveway for almost an hour and only before leaving did he mention how he hadn't felt or seen a single skeeter.

For my application, these things are worth double or triple what they cost. I have four of them surrounding my house/shop/driveway and do not remember a single bite after about the first 6-7 days. The instructions say they can take longer but it was much quicker for me.

Lasted from May 2 of last year, though the winter. I just replaced them this past weekend.

I live between a creek and a railway culvert, mosquitos used to get so bad that you couldn't go outside.

Last summer I had a friend come over the same day I got these. He was out of his truck for about 3 minutes before getting pissed from bites and left. A week and half later he came back, stood around the driveway for almost an hour and only before leaving did he mention how he hadn't felt or seen a single skeeter.

For my application, these things are worth double or triple what they cost. I have four of them surrounding my house/shop/driveway and do not remember a single bite after about the first 6-7 days. The instructions say they can take longer but it was much quicker for me.

Lasted from May 2 of last year, though the winter. I just replaced them this past weekend.

These? You didn't link anything

Speaking of annoying insects, I picked up my first tick yesterday walking around in the woods behind my house. Watch out for them yall. I hope they aren't bad this year.

Speaking of annoying insects, I picked up my first tick yesterday walking around in the woods behind my house. Watch out for them yall. I hope they aren't bad this year.

We've already had several.

Wonder if the spartan traps work on the crane flies. Read that their larvae eat the roots and cause brown patch in the grass. Time for me to break out some chemicals.

Had great results with a set of the Spartan tubes I put out in early May. I replaced them at the end of July and a month later we're getting lit up. I don't know what I did wrong or if it's the fact we've had so much rain but it's back to being miserable to be outside!

Had great results with a set of the Spartan tubes I put out in early May. I replaced them at the end of July and a month later we're getting lit up. I don't know what I did wrong or if it's the fact we've had so much rain but it's back to being miserable to be outside!

I cannot remember when we had so much rain as this year. I wonder if the heavy 2-3" rain in a hour storms might flood those traps and delute them till the skeeters are'nt attracted to them anymore?

Same story with us. Worked great early on. The second set not so much. I sprayed 3 weeks ago. Probably gonna spray again soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It has been very wet for August. I had to turn OFF my sprinkler system for several days. That has never happened before in August.

Started seeing mozzies in the yard, so just put out another set of Spartan tubes. Here's hoping for better results! I'm considering putting a 'roof' of aluminum foil over the hooks to keep rainwater from diluting them.

I always called sprickets cricket-hoppers. They only live under the house or in dark areas. I figured it was cross-breed between grasshoppers and crickets. In my years of working under houses I used to let multiple ones crawl/hop all over me. They tickle a little.

I found this article interesting. I was looking to see what a spartan tube was.

Back