gm 1 wire alternator help

khwrx

im converting my alternator on my 22r toyota to a gm alternator, i have the TG alternator bracket it says to use a cs130, 12-si, or 10-si alternator. i need one that runs a v belt. just wandering if someone could help with what years and models gm run these.

Go to auto zone and tell them to give you a one wire alternator. They cant screw it up. The box has a yellow sticker on the side that says 1 wire. I can get you the part number if you want. Wont be till thursday though as I am off work tomorrow.

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/onewire-threewire.shtml

The cs130 alt i got when i converted my '66 to a int reg. unit was from mid 90's oldsmoblie van with the larger v6 engine.

not saying DONT install a one wire, but an easy/cheap junkyard gm alt will work great, even with three wires, and really is easy to wire up.

ok i called napa and autozone and i must have gotten a young guy cause he couldnt help me without a year and model. on TG website it says a delco 125si ,12v, 94amp. if you can get me a part number that would be great

welcome to the world of autozone. Sorry Mike. you are an exception.

call millers generator and brake service in gastonia. there 1 block from tonys ice cream. ask for don taylor. i could build you a 1 wire in like 10 min if i had another self exciting regulator. 704 865 8827. tell him you want a 1 wire gm alt. proly has one in his pocket lol.

Alternater

Heres another choice just get a alternator for a 70 or 80 chevy truck, on the help isle you can get the double wire connector that hooks to it. plug it in big wire goes to battery terminal on alternator, then run same size wire from battery terminal to battery or battery terminal on starter, the small wire is an ignition on wire that tells the alternator to charge. Thats how i got mine wired and it works great, it should thats basically how gm wires it. Hope that helps.

one wire

go to larrys automotive. ask for a gm one wire alt give him the style you would like to run and the belt. fresh rebuild about $50
bucks. tell him boot sent ya.

Back