GM woes?

mommucked

Endeavoring to persevere
Someone I barely know told me GM is on the ropes again and may be going down for good. Anyone know what he's talking about?

UAW strike involving 50k employees and GM pulled some shady shit with their healthcare after the strike. Government motors is gonna be hurting after this shit show.

So a bunch of people who are employees decide to strike and not work, effectively being employees not showing up for work. GM pulls their healthcare while they are, you know, NOT WORKING. I see no problem with this.

If I did that at my job I wouldn't have healthcare either because my ass will be fired.

So a bunch of people who are employees decide to strike and not work, effectively being employees not showing up for work. GM pulls their healthcare while they are, you know, NOT WORKING. I see no problem with this.

If I did that at my job I wouldn't have healthcare either because my ass will be fired.
Forget about 2008? It’s time for GM to right a wrong. Also we all lost on the bailout deal.
GM Workers Strike to Get Back What the Recession Stole

On the one hand, I hate unions with a passion...on the other, the union did GM a solid, the right thing to do is repay the favor...but on the third hand, with plants closing and people losing jobs, I never understood why unions thought they had financial leverage...eventually someone will light the match and watch it burn, then salvage what they can.

I worked in those plants up in Michigan and Ohio before 2008, all I can say is Unions do a great job at making everything difficult, all big companies are run poorly, Unions only serve to multiply the shit show by 100x.

Without fail, if overtime was not approved on one of my lines Thursday afternoon a machine would mysteriously have a fatal crash, that would push production into weekend overtime. workers would keep cots inside the electrical panels of the larger machines for afternoon naps, this is why I now live in a right to work state.

It used to be mostly Ford and Chevy with a few dodges around home now it’s mostly Ford a lot of people have tried dodge an went to fords but hardly any chevys/gmc trucks around

I'll never buy a chevy truck that's newer than 2003, but I think the 1999 I just bought and parts for it will be around for a long while.

Last edited:

FYI...apparently there is potential for some pay and benefits even while striking.

UAW workers picketing GM must wait for $250 a week in strike pay

Highly publicized UAW corruption and embezzlement scandals? Union don't care. Strike anyway.

But who advocates for the workers? GM has their stakeholders to answer to, and the UAW leadership is stealing money from their own organization....

I'm a little torn about all this. Steering the ship onto the rocks is not a great plan if the ship writes your paycheck.

Last edited:
We are being told GM expects it to be 2ish week shut down. Our orders to GM are still shipping so it makes some sense. Also Gm figured this was gonna happen, and have been building a ton excess of inventory. So they have to clear this inventory some how....

We are being told GM expects it to be 2ish week shut down. Our orders to GM are still shipping so it makes some sense. Also Gm figured this was gonna happen, and have been building a ton excess of inventory. So they have to clear this inventory some how....

That is the funny part, the manufacturers have these things on their calendar, they know when they will happen and plan a build ahead accordingly....I can't remember a manufacturer running out of inventory during any strike.

UAW strike involving 50k employees and GM pulled some shady shit with their healthcare after the strike. Government motors is gonna be hurting after this shit show.
Nothing shady about it lol. No work? No benefits. Unions suck dick.

That is the funny part, the manufacturers have these things on their calendar, they know when they will happen and plan a build ahead accordingly....I can't remember a manufacturer running out of inventory during any strike.
i bet if the manufacturers resolved the strike then did a no pay 3-4 week shut down the next strike wouldnt be as long and people wouldnt be so on board to jump on it.

Back