go to truck tires these days?

Loganwayne

#BTL
Im needing a new set of tires. probably could hold off a while but with a 3000 mile trip coming up id rather do it now. Looking for name brand tires that are going to hold up to a "heavier truck" if youd put it on a 250 im sold. I bought some cheep tires and they havent lasted worth a damn so would rather throw some money at a set and get more than 8 months out of them .

I run Michelin ltx defenders on my f250. Great ride and wear it's about 90% comute 10% tow rig. Don't see much snow so i cant really say but, they do the job every where else I go.

I ran Nitto Ridge Grapplers for almost 50k and now have 10k on a set of Falken Wildpeak R/Ts on my Ram 2500. No complaints with either. I would have gotten more miles out of the Nitto's if I rotated them better.

Duane

Last edited:
Very happy so far with my Maxxis razr ats. I don't know how but they transfer less noise into the cabin than the firestone HTs that came off the 2500 yukon.

I ran Nitto Ridge Grapplers for almost 50k and now have 10k on a set of Falken Wildpeak R/Ts on my Ram 2500. No complaints with either. I would have gotten more miles out of the Nitto's if I rotated them better.

Duane
I think imma pull the trigger on nittos for my dually this round

x2 on the Michelin Defender LTX. Ran them on both my previous F250s. Gonna put them on my current F250 in a few weeks, but probably the AT this time,not M+S.

Continental TerrainContact A/T
Smooth quiet and last. Had them on two trucks now. 265/70R17 LT got about 70k miles

I have Nitto Terra Grapplers on my 250 and do not recommend them. It’s a stock 6.7 and I cannot start from a stop in the rain without spinning. They suck on wet roads.
I’m due for tires too and I’m looking at Falkens or Toyo Open Country.

Very happy so far with my Maxxis razr ats. I don't know how but they transfer less noise into the cabin than the firestone HTs that came off the 2500 yukon.
have a set of maxxis razt at on the truck now. they are about shot. put on the truck in January, they dont seem to hold up on heavier trucks did fine on my nissan frontier.

have a set of maxxis razt at on the truck now. they are about shot. put on the truck in January, they dont seem to hold up on heavier trucks did fine on my nissan frontier.
Yeah, they do seem fairly soft. I don't drive the truck much and they'll probably be dry rot cracked before worn out.

Buddy of mine has 60k on a set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers on his Ram 2500 6.7 and he is planning to put another set on soon. I'm a believer after seeing how they've done on his truck.

Not all Nitto's are good though. I've personally had experience with Terra Grapplers and Dura Grapplers and both of them sucked. Not impressed with tread life or performance.

I've got Maxxis RZR A/T on my JLU and I wouldn't recommend them for a heavy truck. I've only got 5k miles on them so far but I doubt they'll last 40k miles. So far they've performed well for a street driven daily but they're pretty noisy even though they're new.

I have 80k miles (rotated every 6k) on my set of falken wildpeak at3w E rated. We service several very heavy trucks for a plumbing and grading company and only use falkens. A lot of the other brands we used would balloon sidewalls or the tread would separate at 20-30k miles. Also falken stands behind there product. We have called in one or two tires and falken sent a new tire no questions asked.

Im needing a new set of tires. probably could hold off a while but with a 3000 mile trip coming up id rather do it now. Looking for name brand tires that are going to hold up to a "heavier truck" if youd put it on a 250 im sold. I bought some cheep tires and they havent lasted worth a damn so would rather throw some money at a set and get more than 8 months out of them .
Man we are very different people. If they weren't dryrotted or down to the wires, I'd burn that last 3k off before I replaced them 🤣

Man we are very different people. If they weren't dryrotted or down to the wires, I'd burn that last 3k off before I replaced them 🤣
Well I'm going to the UP at the end of October. We are staying about 80 miles from the nearest paved road. I don't want to catch a flat out there from a bald tire. Or get stuck on a gravel road if snows

I'm a big fan of Coopers. Got 65k on my last two sets before pulling them off for new ones. I get impatient towards the end when they take forever to wear down. Plus, I can usually get 200-250 for them on FBMP.

With that said...I also like Toyos and Falkens.

I'm a big fan of Coopers. Got 65k on my last two sets before pulling them off for new ones. I get impatient towards the end when they take forever to wear down. Plus, I can usually get 200-250 for them on FBMP.

With that said...I also like Toyos and Falkens.
The coopers on my dually only got about 25k stt maxx I think they are

Back