go to truck tires these days?

I took a set of ST Maxx off my truck at 65k with life left in them. Same for the next set, but they were the AT3 XLTs. Both in a 295/70-17.

If you're referring to the STT Pro, yeah, those are a pretty soft, mud tire.

A dually also pushes a LOT when turning and they're pretty tough on tires.

One thing I always make sure to do is go for a good, long ride down the highway after I put new tires on so they can get some heat in them and harden up. They essentially case harden throughout the heat cycles they endure. There's a Dodge dually at work that gets steer tires every 3000-4000 miles and drive tires every 8000-10k. It only gets driven around below 20 MPH, sits around idling, and does an ungodly amount of turning.

Last edited:
I run firestone tranforce tires on my dually, The delivery guy who brings my parts gets about 80,000 mile out of a set he said i gotten around 60,000 out of my first set and that is mostly towing. I have around 20,000 on my second set and they barley show any wear.

1726194578005.jpeg

Itā€™s called blade and looks like a pocket knife, freakin sweet man

Firestone transforce At2's on my super duty but they've gotten pricey. Last quote was $1800 and change for 6. Getting about 50K or so out of a set w just a couple of rotations and quite a bit of haulin/towing.

Cooper atp and toyo rt had good luck with 50 to 60k easy. Got a better deal on ridge grapplers and decided to try them. it will be my last set... first rotation at 6k and already lost a 1/3 tread on the rears I don't see them going past 30k.

Falkens seem to last the longest on my Cummins. Got 70k out of the current RT's. Getting new atw4 falkens installed this morning. Good grip, smooth, long life. Couldn't get more than 35kish out of anything else. I tow a lot, mostly rode use but some dirt.

We went to the UP in October a few years ago to do some grouse hunting and salmon fishing and it was one of the best vacations weā€™ve ever had, Iā€™m so jealous! We were crossing Mackinac Bridge in the dually and the wind was blowing us sideways across the deck. Freaking scary. The Firestoneā€™s did great until then.

We went to the UP in October a few years ago to do some grouse hunting and salmon fishing and it was one of the best vacations weā€™ve ever had, Iā€™m so jealous! We were crossing Mackinac Bridge in the dually and the wind was blowing us sideways across the deck. Freaking scary. The Firestoneā€™s did great until then.
we are going grouse hunting for 10 days as the main goal. fishing poles are coming with us "just in case"

I've got 46K on the Goodyear Kevlar's that came on my F250. They are getting low so glad I came across this thread. I'll have to circle back when I get ready to pull the trigger.

those gladiators ryan @sparkn89 hooked me up with on my halfton had 1.3k# in the bed multiple times a day. They lasted 60k miles, and cost less than the BFGs I like

the maxis rzrs i had on the wonton held up extremely well, looked really good and not too yeeyee. load F and lasted me 47k before I sold truck, tires had 25% I think

the nitto grapplers on the hoe where way more aggressive than i thought. disliked the overall hardness of it.

the bfg's on the JL are my favorite of course. They have lasted 40k and i easily have 50% tread life

Last edited:
Another plug for Falken.

I have friends that are running the Cooper Discoverer AT3s on heavy trucks and really like the performance.
Running these on my Ram 2500 CTD. They seem to be holding up good. I am happy with them.

I have friends that are running the Cooper Discoverer AT3s on heavy trucks and really like the performance.

Iā€™ve had the opposite experience with them on my truck. Ran through 2 sets of them at around 30k miles each. No complaints about ride/performance though. Cooper prorated the first set but I didnā€™t even try on the 2nd since I didnā€™t plan on them again. They were awesome on my wifeā€™s F150 though. Iā€™m currently giving some Toyo r/t something a try but Iā€™m not too impressed so far wear-wise. SRW 3500 Ram thatā€™s probably 95% pavement.

The R/Ts had a big run of tires that wore out exceptionally fast for...a while. That's probably the only Toyo tire I'm not a fan of.

Falken and Cooper here. Good service from both.

Had what I thought was decent life out of toyo rt at 40kish miles. Then I tried the falkens way less money, 60k+ out of the ats and just replaced the falken rts at 70k something. Went with the new atw4 falkens. Supper quiet and expecting another 60-70k. Installed price with alignment was $1730 with some flaken promotion going on.

Back