Going To Baltimore, Maryland...Need Stuff To Do.

Cherokeekid88

So next weekend, The wife and I will be headed to Maryland for a wedding, I will NOT be attending this wedding, so I need some stuff to do in downtown Baltimore. I love history and good food. I just want to experience as much as I can in 3 days.
Go...

There are almost always cool ships in the port you can check out, there's the Aquarium, Camden Yard, Fell's Point, Fort McHenry... there's the Edgar Allan Poe house that has been turned into a museum and there's his grave.

Bertha's in Fell's Point is known for their seafood but especially their mussels. There are chain type places at the Inner Harbor (Pizzeria Uno comes to mind).

Definitely do the Oriole Park tour if you get the chance. No tour's if there is a game that day though..

PUBLIC TOUR SCHEDULE:

April-September:
  • Monday-Saturday: 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon and 1 p.m.
  • Sunday: Noon, 1 p.m., 2 p.m. and 3 p.m.

Tickets are like 9 bucks, and you get them there or online. It is really pretty cool, you get to go out on the field and sit in the dugout, and see all the hidden stuff (press booth, etc). You can also tour M&T Bank Stadium which is just across the street.

Inner Harbor of course, the tours are a little pricey, but they are pretty interesting. I went on the Constellation the last time I was there, it was cool. Ive been on the Submarine too, but I was young and don't remember much about it.

Make the trip to DC. The museums are free. Also Fords theater is up there and don't forget Manassas.

Probably not gonna have time to hit up DC unless its on the way back. I REALLY want to see the white house and Lincoln memorial and Mount Vernon, but not sure if traffic on a Sunday afternoon would be worth driving through to see it.
I really wanna hit up some good eating places, Breakfast, lunch, Dinner, Dessert.
Inner Harbor is def somewhere I want to hang out. I am gonna be by myself, so Can move as fast as I want to in hitting up a bunch of places. Any brewery's?

Hire a hooker
Participate in a drive-by
Ride wheelies on your 250R down the middle of Liberty Heights Avenue
Get offered drugs and/or firearms on the promenade at the Inner Harbor

What about eating places? I want places that are on the cheaper side but awesome food...nothing like Ruth Chris steak house.... Heard about the blue moon cafe and one place that was on Man Vs. Food that is supposed to have a killer crab cake that looked like it was in a fish market or something but I can't remember the name.

I ate at a place in Fell's Point called The Red Star (or maybe just Red Star). Was pretty good from what I remember.

Baltimore is known for their Crabcakes- number one rated (by multiple magazines) crabcake in town comes from a restaurant called Koco's Crabcakes. It is literally a hole in the wall in an interesting section of town, but it was by far the best crabcakes I have ever had (and I have had them at 7 or 8 places up there).

Baltimore is known for their Crabcakes- number one rated (by multiple magazines) crabcake in town comes from a restaurant called Koco's Crabcakes. It is literally a hole in the wall in an interesting section of town, but it was by far the best crabcakes I have ever had (and I have had them at 7 or 8 places up there).

We'll have to try to find that next time we go up there... Love steamed crabs but, so far, the best crab cake I've ever had came from a hole in the wall seafood market in Nags Head. :lol:

go to the top of the world trade center there in the inner harbor, it's pretty neat. you can see a good ways in every direction. tickets are like $2-$3 when i was there in 2010.

camden yard is cool too, try to catch a game if you can.

inner harbor is mostly a waste of time in my opinion. the aquariam is ok, but the shops down there are just tourist shops with stupid knick knacks to waste money on.

be careful leaving the inner harbor though, it doesnt take too long to be somewhere you dont wanna be without an AR15 and some backup.

you can take water taxis to get around the inner harbor, i'd suggest taking one to for mchenry and seeing it.

that's all i can think of now.

Hire a hooker
Participate in a drive-by
Ride wheelies on your 250R down the middle of Liberty Heights Avenue
Get offered drugs and/or firearms on the promenade at the Inner Harbor

a4.bp.blogspot.com__yl4DEUyvqdI_T4NaFxfr9CI_AAAAAAAAA54_4w9yZiROPFQ_s290_thats_racist.gif

OK, so I am getting my info together. we leave Friday. Where are the historical parts of baltimore? It seems there are 2? local and national? I am really into historical stuff like Mt. Vernon.

I would suggest going to the fish market downtown. Go all the way to the back... there is a restraunt there that has some of the best Crab Cakes. Theyve been selling them for years.

Also, I recommend going to the B&O Railway Museum if you like trains. Cant miss it, the building has a copper roof.

Back