Golf Cart

DirtyD803

Project - SFA Golf Cart

Well... Here is a project Im working on...
ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy177_DsZR2_Golf_20Cart_100_0679.jpg

ai789.photobucket.com_albums_yy177_DsZR2_Golf_20Cart_100_0680.jpg

Specs so far....
Front and rear Samurai Axles and tcase,

I am thinking about running Honda 400 Ex shocks on the front, and maybe the rear, from what I read they should give me about around 6-8" of travel. plus there way longer than the stock ones which is a good thing, these are about 16 1/2 eye to eye. Also planing on running stock XJ arms up front.

You sure those XJ arms will handle all that weight?:lol:

This thing is going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it out and about!

I sure hope so.. I also hope they can hold up to all that power I am going to be running. :rolleyes: lol

Well... I am going to do a rear engine in this thing. So tomorrow I will be welding up the breather hole so i can flip the axles.

what about a motor out of a 4wd honda fourtax?? shaft drive front and rear axles on them them/ ive got a motor and thought about hookin it to a set of sammy axles in some kinda toy for a long time.

looks like its gonna be fun!

Could try and put like a geo 3cy in it or maybe even a tractor diesel and roll a lil coal in the golf cart.

Ya.. the engine is still up in the air.... I was looking at ATV engine and tranny since It has reverse

Well after taking a close look at the golf cart frame... there is a lot of rust holes... so looks like this check ill be buying about 12' of tubing and start working on my own frame for this...

Change of plans with the drive train... I am looking at running a Peerless 5-speed Tranny. Found one at the junk yard here for $25, waiting on my dad to get home because he might have one at the house... which free is better..

ok... i've been thinking, and maybe someone can shine some light on this...

Engine turn clockwise, which make the tranny/axle shafts move clockwise right...

SO with that being said... IF i take a engine (talkin like a ATV,Go cart, type of engine) , mount it backwards and put my front axle in the rear, rear axle in the front, it would be the same as just flipping the axles.. right??

Well I got a drivetrain for her now... I am getting my other 4wheeler back. it is a 03 arctic cat300 4x2...

the engine is a 280C, 4-stroke SOHC, Air and Oil cooled

Back