Good diesel shop

toyota231

Does anyone know of a good diesel shop around the Winston Salem, Greensboro area? I want to turn the timing up on my cummins but i dont know of any shops around, or does anyone on here (around winston) know how to time a 12v cummins and would want to do it for a little cash. Im not sure what the timing is at now but i want to turn it to about 16 or 17 degrees.

I took my truck to my tranny guy in VA Beach to do it.

But, there is a guy who is in Raleigh that has done a bunch of 'em, has the proper tools, and knows his stuff... helluva nice guy too.

It's also a good time to do your DV's to a 181 or 191, since you've got the 175 pump.

Thanks rich, do you know how to get in touch with the guy in Raleigh? Or does anyone else?

A friend gave me some info on a Diesel Shop in Fuquay.

Barnes Automotive
Phil Barnes
3312 Air Park Rd.
Fuquay Varina, NC. 27526
PH# 919-552-0585

He goes by McMopar on the DTR board..

ill give him a shout, thanks.

the only way to change the timing is take the front cover off pull the injector pump gear off and move it one way or the other you can take the plate off the pump and there is two screws you can give it more fuel and rpm's

hillbilly27017 said:
you can take the plate off the pump and there is two screws you can give it more fuel and rpm's

Uh, moving the cam plate doesn't give you any more RPM's.

Besides, the stock profile sucks. Grind it to a #10 profile (or start with a #10)with a flattened upper band and then it'll pull.. assuming you have a tranny/clutch to hold it.

Back