Good eats in Asheville?

BBQ
Moes Original BBQ is about 5 minutes away and has really good smoked wings and sides.

Spicy chicken
Rocky’s hot chicken shack is about 10-15 minutes away is good but they rate their heat levels lower than most so don’t get brave.

Mexican
cantina Louie is about 15 minutes away and is good

all these are in the $15 range per person or so.

I did get a little sticker shock at Brasilia. $40 a head basically plus gratuity. Well worth it, but it's more an special occasion place. Wifey was unsure at first if it was a dress up type place. No, it's casual and the host explained everything pretty darn well. There's a salad/seafood bar you go to, and you get a "coaster' you flip from red to green to them know to stop and offer their meats that are brought around by "gauchos" (server for meat"). Really great experience - it's not just going out to eat - it's a dining experience. I left funny satiated - not stuffed - but I believe that's got allot to do with me not just devouring my food and instead savoring it. Melt in your mouth meats. (Hey now...). Tender, awesome. I normally prefer medium to well on my beef - but some reason, it didn't much bother me that it still had moo left in it. I did skip the filet because one other was just a touch too rare for my palate. All in all, $100 for me and wife, no drinks (all I had on me). But well well well worth the expense. Wife started to say something about price - I said hey we didn't do dinner last Friday. And then told her about the real steak houses where it's what we spent total for one head. Im still full & just got home from running my friends wife & kid home.
@frankenyoter

This here is another reason I love this forum.

Wife and I went from debating on cafeteria to "I don't care where" to finding out an awesome new place to go in under fifteen minutes after posting up asking where to go.

Btw, Jerusalem garden Cafe is another great experience. Mediterranean food, & belly dancers on the weekend. Tip the belly dancer for her to spend a little extra time at your table. Well worth it. Wife enjoyed the dancing as much as I did lol!!

Brasilla is the bomb-diggity.

Don't eat all day, ignore the salad bar, sip water, and gorge the delicious meats.

That's how it's done. :)

P.S. For some reason when @ramjo and I went with the wives it was pretty rare then too.
P.P.S. Ignore the chicken, it's always dry.

Brasilla is the bomb-diggity.

Don't eat all day, ignore the salad bar, sip water, and gorge the delicious meats.

That's how it's done. :)

P.S. For some reason when @ramjo and I went with the wives it was pretty rare then too.
P.P.S. Ignore the chicken, it's always dry.
Beef and pineapple is where it’s at

IDK, we had several trips to the salad bar, gorged seriously on the meats, and sipped water. It was well worth the trip and definitely an experience. Trick is you eat slow & enjoy it. I ate 3-4x what I normally do. (Normally, Maybe 8oz total at dinner) but I believe the quality and speed of consumption had allot to do with that. Hands down I'm down for another trip there - after my wallet recovers a little.

If you think you might like cuban food Hemingway's is worth it. its not cheap but well worth it. we ate there and Brasilla for birthdays and hands down would go back to Hemingways before Brasilla.

Back