Good Seats?

TheGeneral

Im getting ready to put seats in my baja bug and have been having some trouble picking out a set for a good price. Im leaning toward a set of Corbeau Baja SS but Im open to pretty much anything that will save some money. I was thinking about finding some factory seats out of a honda or something but Im sort of worried how theyd hold up in harsh conditions, theres really nothing worse than getting poked with seat springs all the time. What have you guys had good experience with? My only qulification is that they have to fit in a VW bug and I need to be able to run af our point harness with em.

i sat in my neighbor's new baja ss's and they are VERY nice.... i expected them to hold me good and be comfy but they went far beyond that.

the jc whitney garage pro seats are cheaper, and the suspension is not as quality as the corbeau's but for the price they are pretty good.

then you have the hannuker or whatever they are...... they seem nice. and about the same price as the corbeau's.

rubicon mastercrafts are very nice, but they aren't cheap....

i'd go with the baja ss just bc i've sat in them and they fit me great. i'm about 5'10" 150 pounds and they fit me great. neighbor is about 6'1" 175 lbs and he sid they hug him pretty well......

I have nissan/ or Honda seats in My Jeep I bought for $40.
Had them covered with marine grade vinyl. Love em

The Honda CRX came with nice seats that have a good side bolster. I loved the way they felt in my old car. I thought they were Carrerro or something like that.

Actually bought them at the Trade Lot. But if you want some I would say get out and take a look see in the bone yards

I think Im going to check around some salvage yards next week and see if I can score a nice used set. If not I guess Im going to be going broke for the corbeaus.

Upnover-whered you get them recovered at...was the cost pretty resonable?

I'm partial to PRPs. Every seat is made to order, and the highback upgrade doesn't cost much. Most of those seats (Corbeau Baja and similar) aren't tall enough to accomodate a 6' occupant. That head rest only comes up to the top of my shoulders.

I think Im going to check around some salvage yards next week and see if I can score a nice used set. If not I guess Im going to be going broke for the corbeaus.
Upnover-whered you get them recovered at...was the cost pretty resonable?

I got the coverd here local in MOrganton. $200 bucks, and they looked better than factory.

www.hunsakersports.com ... we bought 4 sets of the envies .. they fit great .. accomidate up to a 44" waist and come with sliders. i think they were $330 a set shipped.

I ned to check into these.
Baja SS dont fit a 40" waste I can assure you of that.
I bought some el cheapo plastic summit's and added the vinyl covers thy wre more comfy than baja ss.

Not sure of size but baja's aint for big boys

I like those Hunsakers they look pretty goo and at a nice price. How are the plastic seats? I was thinkin bout slappin a set of those in there just so I can get the car running and see if I need to end up spending the cash somewhere else.

Depends on you, kinda. I am 6'2" and 205 or so, and they hurt my back, my thighs and my butt. Now someone smaller might be OK. I even had extra padding in mine, still sore after too long riding in them.

Back