Good VW repair shop near Kernersville?

thecarman

My dad is looking for a good VW repair shop near Kernersville (Greensboro, Winston, that area).

He's got a 98 Passat 1.8L Turbo with a fluctuating idle speed, will sometimes idle so low that it cuts off at stoplights. Has been to the dealership and to several different shops, but no one could find anything wrong with it. He can't work on it himself, has to take it somewhere.

Thanks!
Richard

It might have a leak in the turbo plumbing, loose connection or something like that. It might be something you could check for him, before he shell out the dough. Sorry, I don't know of any shop in that area to answer your question.

I would suggest getting on a VW forum. My girlfriend had a beetle that was acting just stupid with the electronics. Ended up bieng a couple blown fuses and an alternator! It might be just something simple like that.

Webster's import service out near the airport. Sorry I didn't respond to your pm ..I read it and never got around to answering it. Wish I could help but we pretty much stick with Benz/Bmw.

Back