Got a daughter? Click here

@McCracken i certainly don’t have it all figured out. I would certainly try to find something they each like and and spend time doing it. Even if it makes you cringe lol.

My daughter has quite the imagination. She makes up silly games, plays, silly dances and treasure hunts. Things I couldn’t care less about. I do them anyway, but not with a lot of enthusiasm if I’m being honest. I should probably try to be more into it.
Two close friends have teenagers, they tell me often to soak it all up cause there’ll be a day they don’t notice I left for work, much less come back home.
This is my current issue. I love spending time with my little girl, but there are only so many times I can "cook" her something in her kitchen and I am just there and not a part of the moment, but I really do try when I am talking to her or telling her a story or how something works, but all the pretending and playing on the floor acting like monsters... that's mama's department.

As a dad, I feel like I'm doing pretty good. I feel that I am a little bit harder on my daughter than my wife is and I am sure that some people think I rely too much on a schedule, but it really does bring out the best in her. Not to say thought that we don't stray away from said schedule every once in a while and let her be a kid and pass out on the car ride home and carry her up to bed.

Back