Got propane 22R kit

BigGreenMonster

I bought a got propane kit for my 22R. I have some questions, but I bought it 2nd hand and do not feel like bothering Cary. If anyone has this kit, please answer a few questions for me. First, I found the install instructions and it says to power the solenoid valve with key on power. Both wires are black. I assume it does not matter. Does it need a relay? Or, what size fuse does it need?

The water lines... The mixer has 2 lines coming out of it and it goes into a y. How does this work? Can I just put it in my heater loop? Out of pump, in to mixer, out of mixer, in to heater? Thanks for the help

I just took these pictures for someone with similar questions. This is on a 22r manifold with no heater. I run my solenoid with a 10 amp fuse.
49674488481_4d19772076_b.jpg

49674769387_b23cb7a1dd_b.jpg

49674488636_a2aee35dd2_b.jpg

49673947868_e3be75609c_b.jpg

I have the dual fuel kit so mines a little bit different. The wires from the solenoid should not matter which is the hot side and which is the ground side. I would test it by connecting it to a battery. Should make a very audible click sound. I put mines on a relay with a switch on the dash. I used a fuse from my fuse box for the switch.

I ran my water lines from where the heater core goes into the firewall. Effectively I made a bypass for the heater hose while still keeping the heater core in line so that it still functioned. I got two y pipes with my kit.

I hope that helps you some.

Back